• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Which volume is controlled via the app???

sebackman

When using Spotify or Tidal on a PC or mobile device they both have built in volume controls. Windows also has a built volume control and maybe they are the same but presented in different places. They don't appear to be the same as I can change them separately.

Many newer DAC's have built in "HW" (in the DAC chip) digital volume controls that probably are superior to the Spotify/Tidal/Windows SW volume control.

Is there a way to direct the PC/mobile app(s) and/or Windows app to use always the HW volume control in an USB DAC like the Topping D10S (or similar).

I'm now running a RPI3 on Volumio (via "connect") with a D10S DAC on USB, to be able to control the D10S HW/chip volume from whatever device. At least that is what I think happens when changing the volume on the iPhone.....

I would like to drop the RPI and connect the DAC direct to a PC and control the HW DAC volume via Spotify connect and/or Tidal PC/mobile app(s). Is that possible?

Best regards
//Rob

Top Bottom