• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Which sub $800 amp for Tekton Lore Reference?

archerious

I finally ordered my dream Tekton Lore reference speakers, but I don't know if I should go Schiit Aegir or maybe just class D Nord One MP NC502 or even March Audio's P122?

For my home music setup my Tekton's will be used with a SVS SB2000 sub and Soncoz SGD1 DAC.

Thank you,
Tom.

OP
archerious

archerious

I think I'm going Vidar or Aegir. Probably Aegir.

Shipping costs make the alternatives cost nearly the same but I won't be supporting a US company.

paulgyro

Did you end up getting your system together? How are those Lore References? I'm looking at getting the Lores.

OP
archerious

archerious

Tekton never mailed them. After 2 1/2 months I asked for a refund.

Long story short had to open a dispute to get my money back.

You might want to either plan to not receive them for 6 months or don’t buy them. As they will lie and claim almost done need a few more days then you’ll be at 2 and a half months with no update.

paulgyro

Well that sucks, I know they've gotten hammered because of Covid-19, AV products across the board have but it sounds like they are having major growing pains. I'm being generous here. I'll be holding off getting anything until next year be thinks. I'm putting my money in treating my room to get the most out of my current setup.

OP
archerious

archerious

That’s a good plan.
I love my Magnepan 1.7i.
Only took seven weeks to arrive they told me up to 12. Was very impressed.

paulgyro

Nice, there is a set of Mag MG-1 for sale used near me for $800. Wondering if they would be worth picking up.

Top Bottom