• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Which speakers to buy to make my system better ?

OP
S

Sieniek

Yes, I doubt any other manufacturer offers such a bandwidth of sizes. :D

View attachment 136709
Haha that is a real monster !

Does Amir's company sell JBL gear?
I wish to and with the shipping abroad.
I didn't see any measurement for the 4722 but personally my very limited experience is that for growing size of the speaker you need more and more space from your listening position to the speaker, and one thing to mind is although your room is quite large, with such large speakers you will need to put them pretty close to the wall and hence the bass boost can be huge, and at such it can be good or bad depending to what your are looking for. and from the looks it seems that they are designed and best used flush mounted into the wall to counter the wall reflection bass boost, so horses for courses I think.
I have played quite a lot with Dirac Live and always been very impressed what can be done especially with subwoofers and their bass and getting rid of the resonances.

I believe that even if there would be a problem with a bass boat or anything like that I would fix it pretty easily with Minidsp SHD anyway.

OP
S

Sieniek

This is what I really loved my genelec 7040 for my tiny room, in a closed in environment the built in dip switches already make a very easy tweak for me to align the FR in my LP very nicely for either flat to 30hz bass or slightly boosted (+2db) bass from 30hz for preferred in room bass, and that even under the desk right at my toe, the localization isn't a problem at all and I can fully enjoy the music when called for. I am pretty sure the 8030C+7040A I am using won't be enough if I bring them to the living room of say more than 200 sq ft, but well it's Hong Kong here and most won't afford any larger living rooms... so that's what goes perfect for me, small foot print in a tiny room (my current room is like 50 sq ft... so you know...) and if you got a medium to large living room in a house, hell yeah you better go with full towers or at least 8351+ 2 subs for the same pleasure on sound quality

Lucky you ! You have an amazing setup for 50sq ft. You cannot go wrong with music if you are going with L and R speakers with subs.

Do we have any review and measurements of Genelec 8351a ?

Last edited:

YSC

Major Contributor
Haha that is a real monster !

I wish to and with the shipping abroad.

I have played quite a lot with Dirac Live and always been very impressed what can be done especially with subwoofers and their bass and getting rid of the resonances.

I believe that even if there would be a problem with a bass boat or anything like that I would fix it pretty easily with Minidsp SHD anyway.
yes I am pretty sure also, and with DIRAC being so advanced now it's almost at the level of GLM or such kits which do make calibration at listening position a very easy task to do. after reading so much of your condition I am pretty sure the 4722 will be a great match to your situation with price consideration, of course if you are willing to pay a hefty amount of money a lot of more life style beautifully designed towers would be great also (in turn please the wife for styling also) say KEF blade, Focal Kanta, Vivid Gaya G1 etc. all measured pretty flat and with great max SPL capability and only need the subs for the lowest octaves.

YSC

Major Contributor
Lucky you ! You have an amazing setup for 50sq ft. You cannot go wrong with music if you are going with L and R speakers with subs.
haha yes, and I praise here for my choice of 8030C and the great support from genelec, the main struggle was that being blind purchase I wondered the 7040 would be fine, then I think "fXXk it, ppl are talking the sub is too small for even small to medium rooms, which are larger than what normal room here in HK" so pulled the trigger and did not regret. attaining a more or less target curve with <5db deviation IRL is actually good enough and no regret, and well, when room is this small, even if you give me the mega bucks monsters I would have to find place to just put them, not to say optimize

OP
S

Sieniek

haha yes, and I praise here for my choice of 8030C and the great support from genelec, the main struggle was that being blind purchase I wondered the 7040 would be fine, then I think "fXXk it, ppl are talking the sub is too small for even small to medium rooms, which are larger than what normal room here in HK" so pulled the trigger and did not regret. attaining a more or less target curve with <5db deviation IRL is actually good enough and no regret, and well, when room is this small, even if you give me the mega bucks monsters I would have to find place to just put them, not to say optimize

I bet your system sounds amazing, Genelec have amazing speakers.

Did you heard of 8361A ? These looks like a real deal !

YSC

Major Contributor
I bet your system sounds amazing, Genelec have amazing speakers.

Did you heard of 8361A ? These looks like a real deal !
I didn’t, they are way over my budget and nowhere to demo here in Hong Kong, I read the reviews and blindly purchase the 8030Cs from Thomann last year and a month ago added the 7040 after feeling great with the 8030, and get myself a birthday present

Koeitje

Major Contributor
I own the Revel M105, they sound excellent, but they don't get very loud before they start hurting and sounding too loud. M106 would be a slightly better speaker imo for your situation. KEF R3 is another great option.

Given that you have 2x Rythmik F18, I don't think the great full range options(D&D 8C, Neuman KH420) are the best value. What's your budget(even if it's a big range)? We can offer great suggestions once we have an approximate budget.
FWIW I have M106's in a 35m2 room with my listening position at ~3m from it (lots of empty space behind me) and I never had the feeling they were running into issues. But I do cross them at 80hz or something and have a single SB2000 handle to low-end. Goes plenty loud for movies and I'm more worried about the subwoofer struggling with LFE than the fronts.

OP
S

Sieniek

I have called https://socalcinetech.com/contact-us/ directly and just spoken with them regarding the shipping of JBL‘s 4722n to Poland but unfortunately they are not happy to do that so I am still struggling.

But I am not giving up anyway !

I have thought also about buying parts and build these speakers with some help from someone in Poland who would know how to make it as I have never build any speakers by myself other than simple open baffle design.

Do anyone of you knows how hard is to build a speakers like these ? And which parts should I order ?

From what I understand I need to order:

1. JBL 352328-001X Compression Driver 2452H - which the cheapest I can order from https://reconingspeakers.com/product/jbl-352328-001x-compression-driver-2452h/ ?

2. Which Diaphragm should I buy for these 2452h drivers and from where for best sound quality ?

3. JBL 365359-001 2384 Horn/Waveguide - which the cheapest again I can order from https://reconingspeakers.com/product/jbl-365359-001-2384-hornwaveguide-3732/ ?

4. JBL 2265HPL 338343-003X 15" Neo Woofer - which I can see here https://www.parts-express.com/JBL-2265HPL-338343-003X-15-Neo-Woofer-294-452 there is 265H-2 woofer as well and this is the one which is originally in 4722 but I cannot find these woofers to buy nowhere. Do you know where I could buy these from ? Also is there any difference between 2265H and 2265HPL or is it the same driver ?

5. Guaranteed Genuine JBL Pro Part 442144-001 Network Assembly for JBL 4722N-HF - which I have found on http://m.prosoundservice.com/m9/JBL Pro Parts 442144-001--guaranteed-genuine-jbl-pro-parts-442144-001-network-assembly-for-jbl-4722n-hf.html

Now I am not sure if all these websites are shipping abroad.

Of course I would love to buy these speakers finished already but it looks like there is no option to buy them in Poland. Only chance is if someone from United States will be happy to help me out, still have my hopes. But if not then it looks like I would need to build them somehow.

Eurasian

Forum Donor
You could also use 2226 or 2235 woofers in the same 8 cubic foot box, tuned to suit.

OP
S

Sieniek

You could also use 2226 or 2235 woofers in the same 8 cubic foot box, tuned to suit.

Thanks for suggestion, they looks like the more expensive options than 2265HPL. Are they any better ?

YSC

Major Contributor
Thanks for suggestion, they looks like the more expensive options than 2265HPL. Are they any better ?
no idea for that but if it's so difficult to obtain a built and measured pair from factory I doubt on the chance you creating a matching pair in sensitivity etc. due to component deviations or uniformity of craftsmanship. if it's that difficult to buy a pair locally and that you already own a the amp and great subs, I think maybe you'd better buy something like the focals or KEFs in europe? I believe the KFE blade won't be far in terms of neutrality and since it's coaxial I believe the dispersion problem is less

OP
S

Sieniek

no idea for that but if it's so difficult to obtain a built and measured pair from factory I doubt on the chance you creating a matching pair in sensitivity etc. due to component deviations or uniformity of craftsmanship. if it's that difficult to buy a pair locally and that you already own a the amp and great subs, I think maybe you'd better buy something like the focals or KEFs in europe? I believe the KFE blade won't be far in terms of neutrality and since it's coaxial I believe the dispersion problem is less

Thanks for your input !

I am sure I would like to buy these JBL’s 4722N and I will not give up. I will be trying till I will success an acquire them.

Really no one from here is living in USA to help me with acquiring them ? Of course I would pay extra for your help. All I would need is to buy them with an address in USA. After these would be shipped in USA a person who could help me would post them to Poland. These would be in the same boxes so no further work needed to be done and most probably these boxes would be picked up directly from the USA address by a courier company so no need to handle them at all.

Please, anyone who I can trust, I know I sound crazy but I believe in this forum and real people’s over here more than any other on the internet.

Moonhead

Why choose speakers from America when you live in Poland, I would avoid it and get a different brand manufactured closer to you.
Not trying to be a negative creep, but the Shipping could easily damage the speakers.

JustJones

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Considering the cost of shipping these huge speakers from the US to Poland I don't see how you're saving over paying more in Europe.

OP
S

Sieniek

Why choose speakers from America when you live in Poland, I would avoid it and get a different brand manufactured closer to you.
Not trying to be a negative creep, but the Shipping could easily damage the speakers.
I am reading a lot about these JBL speakers and so many people’s are raving about them that I cannot find myself any other good brand which would give me similarly good speakers in such a low price point as these 4722.

Ok these aren’t that cheap but for what they are offering they are absolutely great.

Another thing is they have a very wide soundstage and big sound which I am looking after.

OP
S

Sieniek

Considering the cost of shipping these huge speakers from the US to Poland I don't see how you're saving over paying more in Europe.
Maybe you are right, actually I need to recheck all the European options and prices with these speakers once again.

Erl2d1s

Maybe you are right, actually I need to recheck all the European options and prices with these speakers once again.
Hello Sieniek
I can get you the JBL 4722 , 4722N in Germany.
they are new in original packaging.
if you are interested get in touch.
Greetings from Germany

OP
S

Sieniek

Hi Everyone,

I would like to thank to all of you for all the propositions regarding speakers to buy and would like to share with you that finally I have bought the JBL’s 4722N.

Just waiting for them to be ready to collect and once I collect I will use them together with 2 x Rythmik‘s F18, Minidsp SHD and 2 x mono Audiophonics Purifi.

Cannot wait to play with them and then test the whole system together properly.

Merry Christmas !

steve59

Major Contributor
I just read they can reach 136 db peaks! don't blow out any windows.

Top Bottom