• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Which speaker would you like to be reviewed? (community interest thread)

f1shb0n3

Forum Donor
Has anyone even checked with Erin to see if he wants to review that speaker?

Just got a response from Erin - he will test March Audio Sointuva if someone ships it to him.

I will keep in touch with Alan and when he is ready to ship the speaker around October I will coordinate with Erin.

In the meantime if someone has Sointuva and wants to send it to Erin for testing sooner please go ahead and email him to arrange. $200 pot is available to cover some of your shipping costs.

Plcamp

Addicted to Fun and Learning
I would like to see a set of tests targeting available coaxial drivers from companies like B&C, Radian, Eminence etc.

DeepShadow

Wharfedale Evo 4.2 and Dynavoice Definition DM-6 ...

Last edited:

aac

Neumann kh310
Why? Because I'm interested how sealed cabinet affects compression. Unlike vented cabs there's nowhere to go for the hot air.

JonfromCB

ESS 12' AMT or AMT limited edition. Both have the "great Heil" AMT. Except for a couple of years they have been making and selling these since the mid 70s and no one has done a review with measurements in decades.

kyle_neuron

@hardisj I know this is more in the ‘learning from the pros’ domain than something people on here might buy, but the US distributor for Alcons (https://www.alconsaudio.com/) may be up for sending you one of their smaller ‘pro ribbon’ based boxes. I could imagine having a VR8 or RR12 in my house - if they left the paint off, personally.

Edited to add some pictures

VR8-2.jpg

Alcons_RR12_mrr_001.jpg

4xRR12-hor-full-lores.jpg

Last edited:

squeedle

I second daverz's suggestion for Vandersteen 2 series! Also I've just recently discovered Erin's Audio Corner and am obsessed with it. Such quality! Thank you dude!

SPOautos

Keep in mind that I am limited in size. Currently, I'd say the max height would be 36-inches.

I am working to determine if I can expand that through other means. But most likely I would have to purchase the Z-axis extension to test anything larger than a typical bookshelf or smaller sized floorstanding speaker. The Z-axis extension appears to be about 1100 Euro (plus whatever shipping/customs charges there are).

Again, I am working to see if I can remedy this but for now, just keep this in mind.

Are you still limited to 36"? What if the drivers themselves are within 36" but the overall speaker demensions are bigger?

I can bring you a pair of good working Vandersteen 2C if you ever want to try them. I'm just in Birmingham and dont mind making a drive.

hardisj

Major Contributor
Reviewer
Are you still limited to 36"? What if the drivers themselves are within 36" but the overall speaker demensions are bigger?

I can bring you a pair of good working Vandersteen 2C if you ever want to try them. I'm just in Birmingham and dont mind making a drive.

I’d be happy to test that speaker. And it would be no problem; I’d just lay it on its side and thanks to the metal frame that’s not a problem.

I assume it’s in good physical condition still?

Just shoot me a PM and I’ll give you my address and we can work out a time table.

squeedle

I’d be happy to test that speaker. And it would be no problem; I’d just lay it on its side and thanks to the metal frame that’s not a problem.

Just shoot me a PM and I’ll give you my address and we can work out a time table.
STOKED!!!!

f1shb0n3

Forum Donor
Good news - March Audio Sointuva will be shipped to Erin soon! It will take awhile though as Erin has a backlog.
Here's a sneak peek of Sointuva with a new beryllium waveguide tweeter that should perform even better with smoother directivity:

March Audio Sointuva.jpg

richard12511

Major Contributor
Forum Donor

Would love to see this speaker measured!!!

Top Bottom