• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Which speaker would you like to be reviewed? (community interest thread)

eddantes

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Then he should review the Morrison Audio speakers. They are way too obscure for how good they are.
Hey @hardisj don't you have a small Mirage speaker that's an omni for testing? I could've sworn I thought I saw that.

MZKM

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Neumi BS5P ($149) - Powered version of the Neumi BS5 small bookshelf speakers I tested last summer. The company actually had a pair from Amazon shipped to me, set to arrive tomorrow. I am personally excited to see these because I was very happy with the value of the passive BS5. These appear to be just a powered version for $60 more.
Any chance to measure the center channel?

Duke

Major Contributor
Audio Company
Forum Donor
Keep in mind that I am limited in size. Currently, I'd say the max height would be 36-inches...

What I'd like to see is more exploration of left-field and small batch speakers... The Philharmonics, Ascends and Purifis... LX521s, LX Minis, Walsh, Soundstream, AudioKinesis etc etc...

It would be great if some undiscovered genius had actually invented a better mousetrap...

From the ranks of the undiscovered (with "genius" being a marketing term in speaker circles), thank you. At the moment there is no overlap between Erin's mousetrap size constraints and my most representative moustraps, but I'm hoping to do a scaled-down mousetrap later this year.

Jackpine

any of the Focal studio monitors with the beryllium tweeters
any Fyne
any Sonus Faber Sonetto but preferably one of the standmounts
Wharfedale Lintons
Any of the Tekton Design with more than three tweeters

Last edited:

Matt0305

Emotiva T-Zero plus, might be a little tall at 37 3/4 " tall. Pretty small and inexpensive floor standing speaker

amarsicola

Forum Donor
KEF R7 or R11, bigger brothers of R3
Revel F206
Any Focal Aria floorstander

are my suggestions, my impression is that Amir is more focused on active and passive bookshelf speaker, while the middleman is more into floorstanders

bobbooo

Major Contributor
I'll link to a previous post of mine here. The Q Acoustics 3020, Wirecutter's previous pick (using blind listening tests) for 'Best Bookshelf Speaker for Most Stereos' can still be had direct from Q Acoustics' official eBay store here.

amirm

Founder/Admin
Staff Member
CFO (Chief Fun Officer)
my impression is that Amir is more focused on active and passive bookshelf speaker, while the middleman is more into floorstanders
I don't have any such focus. I test what is sent to me and by far I get bookshelf speakers. Larger speakers are very difficult and expensive to ship around, and less people are motivated to send them. Manufacturers are not so picky but I don't want to go and ask them for hardware as I have too much to test as it is.

amirm

Founder/Admin
Staff Member
CFO (Chief Fun Officer)
OP
L

lherrm

Thanks for the last suggestions.
Been busy lately, got my new (first) house. But that's just a pretext to get new speakers.
I see there have been offering of speakers to review, how's that doing ?
I'll catch up with the missing suggestions during the week-end. If interest is still here, maybe it'll be time to poll.

Da cynics

I didn't know it at all, but I'm very interested

http://www.electromotive-laboratories.com/loudspeakers.html

8F4CBB2E-DC56-4634-BB04-422B5E8ADED3.jpeg
83377A4F-865E-473D-9385-9638C447C4D4.jpeg

tknx

I'd like to see a few more outdoor speakers - B&W AM-1; Revel MX80; Monitor CL80 and so on...

bobbooo

Major Contributor
I'll link to a previous post of mine here. The Q Acoustics 3020, Wirecutter's previous pick (using blind listening tests) for 'Best Bookshelf Speaker for Most Stereos' can still be had direct from Q Acoustics' official eBay store here.

The Q Acoustics 3020 (prior model to the 3020i) are back in stock on their main site now at just $206.99 a pair by using the promo code SAVE10 (includes free same-day shipping). Depending on how they measure, they could be a better buy than the 3020i for those after a decent, better value and even more compact pair of speakers with a similar modern look. Haven't seen any proper measurements of them anywhere.

Top Bottom