• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Which speaker would you like to be reviewed? (community interest thread)

raistlin65

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
I won't do that myself but if someone is on the fence about a product and wants to see performance before they make the decision to keep it, then I'm willing to do that. ;)

You might just ask Tom Vodhanel if he's okay with it. He might be fine with you doing that, as he might like to have them independently measured.

hardisj

Major Contributor
Reviewer
You might just ask Tom Vodhanel if he's okay with it. He might be fine with you doing that, as he might like to have them independently measured.

To be clear, I would ask if I were intent on measuring them. I am not opposed to testing them. Just that there are other things I am more personally interested in which is why I haven’t asked them.

My reply you quoted was about my stance on me ordering stuff to generate content when I know I’ll send it back. I don’t like doing that. If someone else wants to order something and have it shipped to me to verify performance as part of their trial period, that’s fine and logical to me.

raistlin65

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
To be clear, I would ask if I were intent on measuring them. I am not opposed to testing them. Just that there are other things I am more personally interested in which is why I haven’t asked them.

My reply you quoted was about my stance on me ordering stuff to generate content when I know I’ll send it back. I don’t like doing that. If someone else wants to order something and have it shipped to me to verify performance as part of their trial period, that’s fine and logical to me.

The PSA speakers claim a very high sensitivity. If they also measure well with low distortion at very high SPL, that makes them suited to larger room home theater setups where people are trying to reach reference volume. So if they do what they claim, they might end up being fairly interesting in that regard.

amarsicola

Forum Donor
Hi Erin, your video about requests is really nice. I would like to ask manufacturers to send you the speakers, but how do your readers know which manufacturers you are already in touch with and waiting for them to reply? If you put up a page with such info we can help.
You are my hero! Cheers

hardisj

Major Contributor
Reviewer
Hi Erin, your video about requests is really nice. I would like to ask manufacturers to send you the speakers, but how do your readers know which manufacturers you are already in touch with and waiting for them to reply? If you put up a page with such info we can help.
You are my hero! Cheers

I'd say this: if I haven't tested it, then request it. Of course, run it by me first.

But the more people to ask the manufacturers, the more they'll see it matters to people. If one person asks and that's it then a manufacturer is likely to ignore it.

VintageFlanker

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Found it !
I made this video the other night. It fits right in with all these requests...

As I just said earlier :

I'll try to see what can be done with some French/EU manufacturers. I'm sure they could benefit having objective tiers-verification (from either you or @amirm, TBH) and reach more potential customers that way...;)

Reactions: ENG

Doctors11

I'd say this: if I haven't tested it, then request it. Of course, run it by me first.

But the more people to ask the manufacturers, the more they'll see it matters to people. If one person asks and that's it then a manufacturer is likely to ignore it.
Thanks Erin. I just sent Aperion Audio your contact info.

feynman

I remember @amirm saying he got one for review... But this was few months ago. Don't know what happened since.

I sort of want him not to review them. I've been searching for a good deal on a pair for quite a while without much success. If they measure as well as I suspect they will, well, you know. :)

FridayPatrick

JBL LSR32 or LSR6332 You see them in the Toole book a lot.
I would be curious to see higher resolution spins as well (versus JBL's marketing pdf). I have been using LSR28p (L&R) and LSR6325p (center), which I have enjoyed. Downside is that these earlier LSR series are getting harder to find.

test1223

Addicted to Fun and Learning
The Yamaha home series is interesting looks like good engineering and small price. Like the NS-F350 or NS-333 or a similar model.
21B91631E96E429BBAC26D6B7A792A01_12073_3756x5007_80b47b3f44c5847ddd5396a35c4deb53.jpg

4CEBC0BD19944A88920B09D52B7EF13F_12073_1923x1525_27dc6fa3e2cfa260a4e7c9bc13cf1cf1.jpg

amirm

Founder/Admin
Staff Member
CFO (Chief Fun Officer)
I remember @amirm saying he got one for review... But this was few months ago. Don't know what happened since.
It is an incredibly heavy speaker so needs planning and help to test it. Will do it soon though.

Top Bottom