• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Which speaker power cable.

Alexx

Good morning.
I'm looking for a speaker cable for my system (neutral / warm sounding).

At the moment Furutech Alpha S14 cable is too bright.

Dali Opticon6 MKII loudspeakers
Nad 399 amplifier

I got lost in the huge amount of models!

From what I have read on the net silver plated cables are to be avoided (Qed Revelation).

The probable ones are:

Tellurium Q ultra Blue

Chord Clearway X

Elac Reference

Van Den Hul CS122

Supra Ply 3.4 (maybe too cheap).

I have no preference if finished I have no (I have my cambridge bananas).

Long 2.5X2 meters

What do you think.
Thanks in advance for the help.

PS. I hope it is written in English

VintageFlanker

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
What do you think.
That you either posted on the wrong site, or you missed the 1st of April by a couple of months.;)

Edit: obviously joking. More interesting answers below...

From the few I've heard these speakers, they are too bright. No cable will change that.

Last edited:

JSmith

Master Contributor

Mart68

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Forget trying to solve the issue with speaker cables.

Your options are:
If you have the speakers toed in to face you change the angle so they point straight ahead.
Use soft furnishings or dedicated room treatment to damp your room down and kill reflections
Use analogue or digital EQ to get a balance you prefer

OP
A

Alexx

Thank you and sorry for the mistake section (I have a lot of trouble getting through the google translator).

I don't know if it is possible to move to the dedicated section by the moderator.

So no cable can improve exact?

@Vintage Flanker: You're right unfortunately they are very bright speakers ...

@ Mart68: Thanks I will try to do these tests.

Whereas I still need the cable which one I would prefer to take to keep in the future.
Thanks and sorry for the mistake.

voodooless

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
Whereas I still need the cable which one I would prefer to take to keep in the future.
You have a cable, right? Either you keep it, or sell it and run to your local hardware store (or equivalent) and buy the cheapest pure copper cables you can find in the gauge you need. Cables are not things to worry about. Certain properties might be relevant to you though, like flexibility, or if you'd like a nicer color. Then you might shop around for some other cheap option that suits you better. For now, I'd say: keep what you have.

Your amp has a treble setting. Why don't you start with that? Try setting it to -1 or -2 dB.

Shadrach

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Good morning.

Nad 399 amplifier

From what I have read on the net silver plated cables are to be avoided (Qed Revelation).

The probable ones are:

Tellurium Q ultra Blue

Chord Clearway X

Elac Reference

Van Den Hul CS122

Long 2.5X2 meters

What do you think.

Good morning.
You have posted in the correct forum section.
Please excuse the poor manners shown in some of the above posts. It can be difficult for non native English speakers to make themselves clear, or understand some of the responses they get to their questions on a primarily English speaking web site.

Most of the contributors here on ASR do not believe loud speaker cables make any difference to the sound of your stereo system.
There have been numerous Double Blind listening tests over the years that have proven that under Double Blind listening tests nobody has been able to tell with any degree of certainty that one particular speaker cable sounds any different from another.
If you consider the sound of your stereo system to be too bright then the probability is that it is a combination of the speakers you have and their interaction with the room they are used in.

Look for a speaker cable that is the cheapest with the type of terminations you prefer.
What may also be important to you is how flexible the cables are and the thickness of the wire used in their construction.

Vacceo

Major Contributor
Good morning.

Nad 399 amplifier

The probable ones are:

Tellurium Q ultra Blue

Chord Clearway X

Elac Reference

Van Den Hul CS122

Long 2.5X2 meters

What do you think.

I'd request a Houngan from Haiti to bless any of your choices so the Lwa agree to give you better conductivity.

iMickey503

Forum Donor
Thank you and sorry for the mistake section (I have a lot of trouble getting through the google translator).

I don't know if it is possible to move to the dedicated section by the moderator.

So no cable can improve exact?

@Vintage Flanker: You're right unfortunately they are very bright speakers ...

@ Mart68: Thanks I will try to do these tests.

Thanks and sorry for the mistake.

Where do you Live abouts?
like the Country you come from?
There may be a member that can offer you some help to what cables are best to purchase for your market and price point and style and or preference.

I don't know if Monogomi? I think that's the name. They are made in Japan I think and are very high value, High Performance. And good build quality.

We have native Sweedish Speakers, I think we have a Dutch and A German guy here as well as Norwegian.

You can just paste in your language if you would like. We can understand it. We even have Chinese Speakers here.

My Advice is to try some cables that you like. Any. And see if you can hear the diffrence between Lamp Cord:

(Lamp Cord Shown Bellow)
1655370801946.jpeg

Or just your Hardware store 10-AWG 2 conductor power cable. [10/2]
s-l640.jpg

I always have been a fan of using Dielectric grease on my stuff & Caigs Contact GOld contact cleaner on my conductors.
But it's just an old Habit. I should send some to Amir and see if it makes a difference.

Anyways, Have a good day and I hope you find the cables that fit your needs.

Also, get a Measurement microphone and see if you can pick up any difference in the cables you try.

Have a good day Fine sir!

xaviescacs

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Buy a cheap copper cable plus bananas and spend your money to apply EQ. Sell the fancy cable you have right know.

I have a copper speaker cables + bananas I really don't need anymore. Where are you?

Last edited:

voodooless

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
Where are you?
From other posts, we can derive that he probably at least writes Italian.

Please just use English. It's an English forum! Many people are not English-speaking natives.. They had to learn sometime too.

ZolaIII

Major Contributor
Buy a normal cable from preferred normal brand that's available there where you are (which ever brand has a better price there). Nothing fancy (good old copper, eventually OFC) with proper declaration following AWG, if you wish check stage TP-E coated one's. Don't use banana plugs (as direct clamp as possible).
Duble extended twitters on those speakers (ribbon one kicks in from 10 KHz), a bit early crossover (uper one)... Do a high pass to your likings and tame them down.

cicastol

Good morning.

ROTFL
Probably this is a wrong site for you. ( hai sbagliato decisamente sito se queste sono le premesse....)

BDWoody

Chief Cat Herder
Forum Donor
ROTFL
Probably this is a wrong site for you. ( hai sbagliato decisamente sito se queste sono le premesse....)

He came here to ask questions, so I think it's the exact right place.

People come here with all kinds of misinformation. Telling them to leave isn't offering much value.

xaviescacs

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Please, stop saying this is not a good place to seek help for getting a good speaker cable, this is not true. In fact, is perhaps the only place were you are going to get good advice. He uses a certain cable and the sound is bright. Ok, we know it's not due to the cable, but he doesn't, so someone has to explain this and provide advice.

Vacceo

Major Contributor
Some components in audio are wonderfully easy to work with. Power cables, USB cables, speaker wires and HDMI cables either work or do not work.

In all these cases, there is no measurable improvement. They deliver the signal or current, or they do not.

Top Bottom