• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Which reference recording to judge a tweeter?

changster

Hi there,

Most people have tracks to judge the quality of their sub bass or midbass. I need a high quality reference recording to judge tweeters. I will be swapping multiple tweeters for subjective comparison and I would like to hear your thoughts on which musical tracks to use to listen for "air" or "high end extension" or cymbal harmonics or in general anything above 3khz. Preferably these tracks should be available lossless on Apple Music or Tidal.

I bought the Bliesma T25B, T25S, and the T25D so I'll be able to swap them easily given they are the same sizes and same flanges. It's going into a fully active system where I will control each driver individually. So yes I would tune all 3 driver pairs to a certain target curve when I swap them.

Thanks!

Ra1zel

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Hi there,

Most people have tracks to judge the quality of their sub bass or midbass. I need a high quality reference recording to judge tweeters. I will be swapping multiple tweeters for subjective comparison and I would like to hear your thoughts on which musical tracks to use to listen for "air" or "high end extension" or cymbal harmonics or in general anything above 3khz. Preferably these tracks should be available lossless on Apple Music or Tidal.

I bought the Bliesma T25B, T25S, and the T25D so I'll be able to swap them easily given they are the same sizes and same flanges. It's going into a fully active system where I will control each driver individually. So yes I would tune all 3 driver pairs to a certain target curve when I swap them.

Thanks!
Hey any update on your findings. I'm interested what you think about Beryllium vs Diamond version.

hex168

It's been a long time since I've used this, but there is a track on Uncle Festive, Money's No Object, that showcases a tweeter's dynamics. Can't remember the track, but when you hear it you will know it.

dualazmak

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Top Bottom