• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Which purifi amp to get?

Klipshaholic

Hello,

Wondering what 3 channel purifi amp to get based on reviews. Been digging around on review Amir has done and other posts. So I am looking for gain of 25db or higher and possibly looking at purifi or hypex amps. It seems in reviews at 8ohms these amps really don't put out more than 130 watts cleanly. I am coming from crown 2502s and monster 3250.

kiwifi

Very happy with my VTV 4 Purifi channel amps!

Taiga

I’m in the US, but my Audiophonics NC 502MP arrived in a few days with no drama. It is crisp and clean, with no caffeine.

SamR

Arrived! Looks and performs well!
I wrote more about it in another thread.
2CC0B6DB-2E42-45E5-AA81-3C7D8FE9041E.jpeg
486980DF-D4D1-492A-B575-A8470215EE43.jpeg

SamR

wow that color scheme is bold. so italian
Thanks, you’re right! Keep in mind in low light it’s much more like a dark gold rather than yellow, which was the intention.
It’s great that Apollon offers customized colors - be bold! Why just get black or silver?

purrify

I went with the Apollon Purifi. Got mine recently and the build quality is top notch and I don't mind paying a slight premium for that. Many other reasonable choices like Nord, Audiophonics, Buckeye being discussed here too that covers various price points and feature sets. They are all very similar and imo the differentiator is primarily build quality and power source implementation.

DWPress

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Buckeye makes really decent gear if you're in the US and the feature set meets your needs.

restorer-john

Grand Contributor

Ukraineguy

wow that color scheme is bold. so italian
looks like a hot dog with way too much mustard!
Hello,

Wondering what 3 channel purifi amp to get based on reviews. Been digging around on review Amir has done and other posts. So I am looking for gain of 25db or higher and possibly looking at purifi or hypex amps. It seems in reviews at 8ohms these amps really don't put out more than 130 watts cleanly. I am coming from crown 2502s and monster 3250.
If me, I'd definitely opt for the one with the tube input circuitry.

Ukraineguy

What is the word going around about the new Nalai Hypex amps coming out now for DIY? What I read sounds very interesting for $1200.

Top Bottom