• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Which pre built Purifi Amp sould I buy?

daniboun

Major Contributor

Vavilen

Each one to his taste ) They are some very beautiful DIY case.

The GX285 is not ugly at all ))) or other option for example :

I got your point. It looks really nice.I'm looking something customised to make it more hygge-ish.
A bit of wood would make it even more nice, in my opinion :)
Consonance_Reference_CD2.2MKIII_HD.jpg

Consonance_Reference_CD2.2MKIII_HD.jpg

Mario Soldier

Last edited:

boXem

Major Contributor
Audio Company

Rottmannash

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
I haven’t blind tested them but I’d imagine none unless power comes into play. Some people claim to hear hf roll off on the hypex amps, at 48 I’m not one of them.
I have the VTV Purifi and a Buckeye 252 and truly cannot tell them apart.

Rubbersoul2

At some point I thought entering the diy market, even prototyped a board, but changed my mind.
hi boXem audio ,admiring your good works i decided to visit you placed the order got to the address detail no UK ? is this correct .
all best..

S-unny

I built my own from parts from Ghent, Hypex, and, of course, Purifi. The Purifi Eigentact from VTV uses those same parts, and most nearly replicates the prototype amp Amir reviewed and gave his highest rating. It's also just about the cheapest. However, there seem to be some build issues. For one thing they appear to have placed the SMPS in the case ass-backwards with the heat shield facing the Eval 1 instead of the front of the amp case. This leads to longer wires, signal wiring that crosses over the mains wiring, in short, a very messy build.

My advice would be to buy the VTV anyway, turn the SMPS around, buy a new wiring kit from Ghent, and rewire with that kit which will give shorter, more direct signal paths, and create a safer, and better performing amp.
What was the name of the Amp which got the highest rating mentioned above ? I am in the process of finding/mating my new speakers with amps - perhaps i will explore this suggestion. thx

pogo

Major Contributor
which will give shorter, more direct signal paths, and create a safer, and better performing amp.
If you want this, you should definitely take a look at this one:
Link

Here, attention was paid to the design and unnecessary plug connections, as with other designs, were avoided.

Rottmannash

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
If you want this, you should definitely take a look at this one: Link Here, attention was paid to the design and unnecessary plug connections, as with other designs, were avoided. Or one could buy the VTV Purifi, ship it to @Rick Sykora and have him perform a few mods to improve these issues. I did and am very satisfied.

S-unny

If you want this, you should definitely take a look at this one: Link Here, attention was paid to the design and unnecessary plug connections, as with other designs, were avoided. Or one could buy the VTV Purifi, ship it to @Rick Sykora and have him perform a few mods to improve these issues. I did and am very satisfied.
Thank you for your suggestion. Somehow the Link did not show up. Could you please reattach ? thx

S-unny

Thank you for your suggestion. Somehow the Link did not show up. Could you please reattach ? thx
Never mind. I dont need the Link. I can lookup the VTV Purifi. However, there seem to be a number of different Purifi's. Are you referring to the Eigentakt Eval-1 ?

Rottmannash

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Never mind. I dont need the Link. I can lookup the VTV Purifi. However, there seem to be a number of different Purifi's. Are you referring to the Eigentakt Eval-1 ?
Yes. The one without the aftermarket buffer.

Doodski

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor

pogo

Major Contributor
Or one could buy the VTV Purifi, ship it to @Rick Sykora and have him perform a few mods to improve these issues.
If I see that correctly, they also use only the EVAL boards and have not integrated the circuit in their own PCB design or customized, the way T+A do it, so that you can also switch the damping factor, ....

Top Bottom