• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Which pre built Purifi Amp sould I buy?

mSpot

If I see that correctly, they also use only the EVAL boards and have not integrated the circuit in their own PCB design or customized, the way T+A do it, so that you can also switch the damping factor, ....
But the T+A is more than 4x the price of VTV EVAL-1 ($4900 vs $1089 in the US).

pogo

Major Contributor
In Germany 3400€, 3x the price;)
However, the devices are already very different, because among other things, a special PSU is also used.

Rottmannash

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
In Germany 3400€, 3x the price;)
However, the devices are already very different, because among other things, a special PSU is also used.
Which is not needed. Measurements show the original Eval 1 board and PS deliver excellent performance. AFAIK no other configuration has produced better measured results.

pogo

Major Contributor
Measurement values are one thing, but the right match for the used loudspeakers is another.
Going back to the initial questions, the T+A will sound different than the other Purifis, because of the switchable DF, ...

pogo

Major Contributor
And because a story always has an end, here is the second part: Link

Toblerone

The trigger is used for turning the amp on and off via a 12VDC connection. The rear panels in these photos show with and without the 12VDC trigger connections.
DO01030093-scaled.jpg

preview_DL01020636.jpg
In that 1st pic what are those holes above “output?”

Dhopewell

I have an Element X for DAC/preamp and 2 Appolon NC1200 monoblocks with Speakons and utterly transparent Benchmark cables. Im done with the electronics until I get bored or this thread heats up again and I find out I did something wrong - like describe cables as utterly transparent instead of appropriate and intact. :)

Chris1965

To be honest. I often read the measurements and they sometimes condition my purchases or not ...
But the ear is not as precise as the measuring instruments and it is sometimes very difficult to perceive a noticeable difference between these two amps. They are very analytical and I have the feeling that they sometimes lack musicality and a "little soul."

I own several amps, including the Purifi, Hypex Ncore, Dual Merus, High end TPA3255, Mini Gan and many others
I continue to say that the amp that brings me the most emotion at the moment is the Satisfaction A2 with the OPA1622 on the preamp section and OPA1656 on the power amp section. This amp is based on a dual Tripath chip but with a neat and top design, it is fully balanced, dead silence with a quad motorized volume knob and a solid Linear PSU.
We had a lot of debate on Diyaudio about the exemplary musicality of the Tripath when they are well implemented, and for me they have the best of class D with the musicality of class A amps. That's my personal opinion however ....

I would say that your choice must be based on measurements for sure but also your auditory appreciation)
IS OPA1622 on the preamp section and OPA1656 on the power amp section still your current combination? On diyAudio you where talking of "With the OPA2210, it is a jewel ! Great soundstage, very detailed and so "warm." Thinking of tweaking mine....

daniboun

Major Contributor
IS OPA1622 on the preamp section and OPA1656 on the power amp section still your current combination? On diyAudio you where talking of "With the OPA2210, it is a jewel ! Great soundstage, very detailed and so "warm." Thinking of tweaking mine....

I sold all my Purifi amps but I can confirm you that the OPA2210 is an awesome OP amps. I am also using it with my dual Tripath amplifier, same opinion ! Probably my favorite OP amps

Chris1965

Your Satisfaction A2. That's what I'm acually reffering to. Previously you where talking about the OPA 1622 / 1656 combination. I just acquired it and thinking of tweaking it. Any suggestions would be great. Best, Chris

daniboun

Major Contributor

bkdc

Forum Donor
Just buy a pre built PURIFI EVAL-1, don't add any lower quality buffer or etc. Just the stock EVAL-1 which has been measure here.

Nothing else.

The purifi eval-1 stock measures so well, don't even touch it.

Since i have the stock purifi i don't care about amplifier, it's my end game power amp.

My only beef with the Eval-1 is the mild pop audible when turning on or off. Otherwise, it is truly outstanding (and would be a personal end-game amp for me).

fourdogslong

I see a lot of pre-built monoblocks use the Hyper 1200 watt PSU but some use the Hypex 600 watt module.
Is there any advantage to one or another?

I`m considering the Audiophonics Purifi monoblock but it use the 600 watt PSU, I`m not sure if it`s good enough, or go the DIY route but the Audiophonics is cheaper and requires no assembly.

goryu

Addicted to Fun and Learning
you might want to wait a bit for the new Hypex Nilai500 amp and power supply recently announced...

fourdogslong

you might want to wait a bit for the new Hypex Nilai500 amp and power supply recently announced...
Interesting I didn't know about those. I'm in no rush so that might be an option to wait for those but at those level of quality, can it be that much better than the purifi?

I mean all I read about the purifi make it look like it's the cleanest amp ever.

goryu

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Interesting I didn't know about those. I'm in no rush so that might be an option to wait for those but at those level of quality, can it be that much better than the purifi?

I mean all I read about the purifi make it look like it's the cleanest amp ever.

The specs seem to improve upon those of the purifi. Whether that makes an audible difference will surely be a point of debate.

sjeesjie

Sorry for the late reply.
The audiosense is using a dedicated standby power supply to detect a signal in the audio frequency range above a certain threshold. When the signal is detected the main power supply and the amplification is started. IF the signal is not detected anymore during 10 minutes, the amplification and main supply are shut down.
One pic of the black/anthracite:

View attachment 164180
All the color combinations are now visible on the website: https://boxem-audio.eu/en/stereo-amplifiers/10-45-arthur-4215e2.html
Boy that looks great!

greenid

Is a majority of the sales activity (incl secondary) for Apollon, boXem, March Audio, etc located between ASR and AVF? I'm not new to the game, but these guys are making beautiful stuff and I'm just now hearing about them!

Top Bottom