• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Which power supply should I pair with AIYIMA A07 TPA3255 amp?

• Thread starter Deleted member 9685
  • Start date

andrewjohn007

Forum Donor
I always keep an eye out for good deals on A07 appropriate power supplies, especially with low noise/ripple. Just came across the VMS-300A (48V 6.25A) as produced by CUI, Inc. which has max ripple/noise of 150 mVp-p of 150 and sells for under $34 on Arrow.

Comparable in price and performance to Mean Well's offerings but 25% less R/N. It's my understanding that CUI has a decent reputation.

andrewjohn007

Forum Donor
So, would this VMS-300A (48V 6.25A) sound as clean as a good 24V 10A ?Y
It depends on the specifications of the 24V 10A. What's the R/N of that unit? What's the switching frequency?

At the end of the day, I really wouldn't sweat it too much. The difference is likelyvery negligible when using the typical Aiyima amp.

I just like to obsess over meaningless details as a pastime.

Last edited:

AudioArchitech

I was just looking at the Mean Well LRS-350 range. How would the 24V 14.6A 350W do? Any better buys out there?

andrewjohn007

Forum Donor
I was just looking at the Mean Well LRS-350 range. How would the 24V 14.6A 350W do? Any better buys out there?
I recently picked up an LRS-350-48 on Amazon for $35 as it was an open box. Before that I bought the same unit, brand new for $43.

Check out this listing:

You can get 5% off for a first time buyer. Shipping is around $10. You can score an LRS-350-48 for about $37 to your door.

If you're running an Aiyima A07 (not an AliExpress clone), don't be afraid to dial the volts up to 50V and run it hard. I have a small exterior fan that blows across my A07 / A04 and they run cool. Otherwise you are leaving power/volume on the table

P.S. These are the best DC plugs I have come across:

Last edited:

AudioArchitech

Which Voltage PSU is best if i want to try on a couple of different speakers? and have the cleanest sound? make sense to have a psu for the 8 ohm set and another psu for the 4 ohm set?

100W 89db 8 ohm speakers
120W 89db 4 ohm speakers

Attachments

• 3748F263-5145-462F-BAEF-7FCF75D983AB.png
    3748F263-5145-462F-BAEF-7FCF75D983AB.png
    696.1 KB · Views: 141
Last edited:

AudioArchitech

I was just checking out the Aiyima A07 on Amazon.com and read this:

Note:When using a 32V or 36V power supply, the sound quality of the A07 amplifier will be better, the distortion rate will be low, and the service life will be longer, but the power can only reach the size of the voltage multiplied by the current. For example, using a 32V 5A power supply, the power can only reach Max 160W.

Therefore, please choose the speaker and power supply reasonably according to the requirements, so that the machine can achieve the best use effect.

Please pay attention!
Q: Why the amplifier distortion when raising volume ?
A: Under normal circumstances, distortion is caused by the mismatch between the power of the amplifier and the speaker. Therefore, it can be reasonably matched according to the ratio of 1.2-1.5 to 1 between the power amplifier and the speaker
Q: How to match the amplifier and speakers reasonably?
A: The best match is 1.2-1.5:1 (that is, the speaker power is 50W, then the power amplifier power is 60W-75W)
Q: The power amplifier is connected correctly, why is there noise such as electric current?
A: 1.please check whether there is current sound when no load, and whether there is no current sound when no load; 2.please replace the audio input wire and input device. Inferior audio lines can also cause noise; 3.If there is current noise at no load, you can replace the power supply to test again; 4.Power Supply & speaker power do not match with the Amplifier, will also lead to noise problems such as distortion ;5.At the same time, confirm that the surrounding current signals will not cause interference to the equipment; 6.Please make sure all the cable completely pushed into the device,incompletely connections will create distorted.At the same time, it is ensured that there is a spacing between the output positive and negative audio lines, being close together will cause noise or one of the channels will not work;
Q: Can this A07 work with headphones ?
A: This A07 does not work with headphones,3.5mm AUX interface is mainly used for audio output, it can also be used as audio input.But 3.5 mm AUX and RCA input port cannot be used as input at the same time.Please keep in mind!
Note:The use of audio electronic products is closely related to the size of the speaker and the power supply. It should be used in a reasonable combination.
So any doubt, please ask me for technical assistance. We will give you a very satisfactory service.
www.amazon.com/hz/help/contact/A3BG62S1F23IH5# .Or leave any of your instant messaging account and I'll contact you!

This is a A07 chart showing how to choose the power supply and Speaker​

47888448-5f9b-488e-8c3d-c2f00f35a2c9.__CR0,0,970,600_PT0_SX970_V1___.jpg

And when I was just checking out the Aiyima A07 on Amazon.ca (Canada) I read this:

Package with a DC 32V 5A Power Adapter for free. But if you want to get the maximum power of 300W, you need to buy a power adapter that uses DC 48V and current is above 7A (Cannot use linear power supply)

Last edited:

Scrufboy

How about this? I heard him say on the video that 48v at 5amps would be good.

MaWeZedu AC100-240V to DC 48V 5A Switching Power Supply​

Scrufboy

Can I get some help? Perhaps I am just SOL...

I purchased the 48watt 7.5 Amp power supply from Aiyima directly.

It stopped working just inside 3 days. 2 days ago in fact. I contacted Aiyima... They asked to see pictures of how it was hooked up and asked me about my speakers.

So, I have it hooked up correctly with a donated PC power cable that has ground.

I am running this A07 to my subwoofer High Level Speaker inputs and out to my KEF LS50 Meta speakers.

Aiyima is telling me that The PSU is "too big" what does that even mean?

I don't think they're going to replace it. Even though they recommend it on their website.

It ran great and really made the KEF's sing. I only listen near field at moderate volumes. Never cranked up as I'm right there. It's a small bedroom setup.

If my Harmon Kardon 300watt /50w per channel AVR can run 2, 40 watt speakers without it dying... And running for 17 years.

Why is Aiyima telling me that 120watts is too big?

Am I missing something?

Shouldn't they replace the PSU? I mean it's not cheap.

MCH

Major Contributor
Hi all, if you feed the aiyima with a dac that provides 1.3 volt max, what would be the power supply that gives you enough power at 24V? and at 36V? (I am asking about the rated current at those voltages needed to reach the maximum power possible with the 1.3V input signal). Speakers are 4ohm.

Last edited:

friarminor

Why do you think I wrote "48V may not be a good choice for this amplifier, given that the PVDD capacitors are rated to 50VDV" on the post above? Pavel said the same thing here: https://www.audiosciencereview.com/...2-and-opa2134-option.19155/page-2#post-639061.

We don't need a sticker post, we just need to look to Amir's pictures and see the voltage these caps are rated for.

L.E.: It's not about volume pot's position, it's about keeping the DC voltage way below 50 V RMS, to not damage the capacitors!
Did not bother to check before but the caps seem to be diff from Amir's. Good to run with 48V ?

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2022-01-27 at 10.36.02 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2022-01-27 at 10.36.02 AM.png
    2.2 MB · Views: 204

Walter

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Can I get some help? Perhaps I am just SOL...

I purchased the 48watt 7.5 Amp power supply from Aiyima directly.

It stopped working just inside 3 days. 2 days ago in fact. I contacted Aiyima... They asked to see pictures of how it was hooked up and asked me about my speakers.

So, I have it hooked up correctly with a donated PC power cable that has ground.

I am running this A07 to my subwoofer High Level Speaker inputs and out to my KEF LS50 Meta speakers.

Aiyima is telling me that The PSU is "too big" what does that even mean?

I don't think they're going to replace it. Even though they recommend it on their website.

It ran great and really made the KEF's sing. I only listen near field at moderate volumes. Never cranked up as I'm right there. It's a small bedroom setup.

If my Harmon Kardon 300watt /50w per channel AVR can run 2, 40 watt speakers without it dying... And running for 17 years.

Why is Aiyima telling me that 120watts is too big?

Am I missing something?

Shouldn't they replace the PSU? I mean it's not cheap.
Did Aiyima replace the power supply, as they should have?

trl

Major Contributor
King of Mods
Did not bother to check before but the caps seem to be diff from Amir's. Good to run with 48V ?
Could do well with 48VDC indeed, feel free to give it a try and double check the tempos after 30 mins. of running.

SIMJEDI

The much cheaper LRS series is often recommended, so I would think so, but I'm not sure how this differs other than the form factor.
Thanks. Yes I'm interested in the enclosed design. It was throwing me off as it's main advertised function is for LED lighting so I thought it may have been incompatible.

Last edited:
Top Bottom