• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Which power supply should I pair with AIYIMA A07 TPA3255 amp?

• Thread starter Deleted member 9685
  • Start date

LevinGuitar

Nice MOD on the 10 A power supply. Do you have a multimeter with the amps/current measuring function? I'm dying to get current draw numbers on these amps. If you could measure the current draw that would be awesome. :D
Hi! Since I have a spare 5.5x2.5mm male connector, it was easy :)

0.037A with the Aiyima turned off
0.105A running at usual volume
0.11A running loud
0.15A running too loud for my ears

Last edited:

Doodski

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
Hi! Since I have a spare 5.5x2.5mm male connector, it was easy :)

0.037A with the Aiyima turned off
0.105A running at usual volume
0.11A running loud
0.15A running too loud for my ears
Thank you for those measurements. :D

Gaspar74

Edit - This was being written as andrewjohn007 was responding and therefore some of the information is redundant.

Aren't there clear markings on the outside of the insulation of your pre wired DC barrel plug? No company makes something like this where it isn't possible to tell which lead is which.

Also... You could use a multimeter to determine and mark which of the two leads is tip positive. Not too hard to do this yourself.

Depending on what is used... There are either smaller wires on the inside of the outer insulation, each with their own color coded insulation, or there is a clear indicator on the outside of the positive wire. A white line, a dotted line, a texture, etc.

Aside from this. Hooking up the Aiyima to the power supply this way for normal, every day use, although it works, is ultimately the most unsafe way to do this. Or should we say, it presents the most risk. You have to secure the AC line so it doesn't pose a risk for electric shock. I was a naysayer at first and scoffed at the concern others had for my first version of the implementation of this Drok power supply.

Ultimately, its just better to be safe and I like how version 3 turned out. I have a larger V4 planned that incorporates an isolated DC to DC module with filtering so I can run my entire setup from the one power supply.

See the Pics

So here is my solution. Instead of just bare wires, or spades being attached to the terminals and then these wires running to the amplifier..

I used 5.5x2.5 DC sockets, a heavy duty toggle and an IEC socket. The enclosure is vented both top and bottom. All the wiring is covered and protected from any contact inside this enclosure.

This version has the DC sockets wired to the terminals tip positive obviously. The third terminal is wired to a step down buck converter for 5V 3A USB output. It is however not clean power for audio and is only used for illumination and a cooling fan setup.

I power both my A07 and my A3001 with this same Drok supply.

5.5x2.5 male to male DC cables can be purchased on Amazon. They can come without without ferrite cores built in.

I do own the barrel plug the other contributor suggested, however I opted for a more robust Oyaide DC-2.5G Canare-4S6 Power Supply Cable that was made for me by Ghent Audio. This is by far a superior DC barrel plug with a 4x20 AWG Star Quad cable. - http://ghentaudio.com/part/dc03.html

These can also be upgraded to 4x20awg OFC, 4x16AWG and even a double shielded JSSG360 version if you needed it.

I am not advising against anyone elses proposed solutions. I am simply offering mine as an option.

Good luck with your setup.
HI, I really dig this enclosure, where did ya come across this guy, looks like a jewlery box or something modified. Whst is the dimensions of thins guy. Im planning on going this route with poewring a 3e Audio amp just finshed using a 48v 10amp supply like this one.

gasolin75

Addicted to Fun and Learning
just had a random 24V 4.7A before. The 10A one makes a nice (not big) difference.
HOW

Better quality power adapter ?

It for shure don't use more than 4.7a I have the impression that high volt is more important than amps if you want to play loud

gasolin75

Im considering buying this power supply

Should i buy the bigger one for my Fosi audio TB10D ?

I want a better quality power supply, i want more power so i have a cleaner sound at 3 o'clock or just 20-30% more, current power supply 24v,10a has no pop sound, on/off but the stock one 32v 5a has a little turning the amp off power of the tpa3255 chipset, i expect 2x100watt in 6 ohm max with the 32v,10a from audiophonics and no pop sounds which as mentioned depends on the power supply

2023-09-02 21_16_35-Fosi Audio TB10D 600 Watt TPA3255 Mini Amplifier HiFi Stereo Class D Ampli...png

gasolin75

Power supply received, the power supply, and 2 cables, (power cable to the amp and power to the power supply), fast delivery from audiophonics to denmark

Not so much more power than my 24v 10a laptop power supply but clean power, IsoTek EVO3 INITIUM power cable was used avarage 100 euros, amp,power supply and power cable

Cleaner sound, less grainy highs, cleare midrange, tighter more controlled bass, i would rather have the fosi audio TB10D with the good power supply https://www.audiophonics.fr/en/hifi...supply-100-240v-ac-to-32v-10a-dc-p-14750.html then the fosi audio v3 with 48 volt laptop power supply, im shure the better power supply makes the TB10D sound better than the v3

No pop sounmd on/off, if you have change to a better power supply

If you want to play loud i recommend the v3 because of the cooling + you would want the bigger power supply, it does make a difference in sound quality (or the one fosi audio makes, they make the standard laptop power supply and the audiophile version, link below)

Last edited:

realign

Super chuffed to tell you that you can run A07 any USB C Laptop charger with 100 watts by simply buying this cable that converts USB C to Barrael 2.5mm / 5.5 mm

That cable costs just $10 and you’ll easily get or have a clean quality 100watt usb C laptop charger at home

I think the important bit is the chip in cable to trigger Power Delivery to higher voltages and full wattage

I’m driving my Monitor Audio Silver 100 with 88db sensitivity at nominal 8 ohm impedence down to 4.5 ohms - at 30% volume on A07 I’m getting room filling sound for 8 x 8 metre room

Cablecc Type C USB-C Female Input to DC 5.5x2.5mm Power PD Charge Cable fit for Laptop 18-20V https://a.co/d/fb47tXQ
fyi - There is an offer (in the UK at least) for a Lenovo 100w USB-C power supply for £21 here https://www.lenovo.com/gb/en/p/accessories-and-software/chargers-and-batteries/chargers/4x21m37473

1701010500809.png

Top Bottom