• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Which order to apply room correction tools?

I’m not the one asking people to barricade their windows and sand their chimneys. You’re asking people to alter their living spaces and saying that this is something they should do before they intelligently design filters based on their speakers.

You’re the villain here.

Yep, chimney sanding. :facepalm:

thewas

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
Room acoustics (room design, optimal placement and treatment) is of course the most important contribution to sound quality but the problem is that especially at lower frequencies where the biggest problems occur treatment is either very bulky (passive absorbers) or expensive (electronic absorption like double bass array) and usually also combined with a low family acceptance factor so EQ/DSP come especially handy.
I personally use DRC since more than 10 years but if I had the free choice I would prefer some medium good loudspeakers in an acoustically optimal environment than the opposite.

Sukram

I used the Dirac (full version) room correction first. It sucked the power out of my power amplifier. I changed to dbx venu360. It was a total game-changer (together with active crossover). I'm very happy with it.

Top Bottom