• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Which MEG Geithains?

songOVERsound

I’d check if anyone else carries them. My experience with them has been a nightmare.

That’s too bad. They’ve been accommodating to me when I go to LA, but I need to hear speakers in my room. I asked if I could demo speakers and their response was that I could purchase 2 pairs of speakers and just return the set that I don’t like. I’m not sure what to think of that… what if I dislike both sets?

Their 30 day return policy starts the day of the receipt. Looks like I’ll just never get new speakers until I can get reasonable conditions to demo speakers. It’s such a huge life commitment, like getting a new car. Some people like getting a new car every couple years

citipoppu

That’s too bad. They’ve been accommodating to me when I go to LA, but I need to hear speakers in my room. I asked if I could demo speakers and their response was that I could purchase 2 pairs of speakers and just return the set that I don’t like. I’m not sure what to think of that… what if I dislike both sets?

Their 30 day return policy starts the day of the receipt. Looks like I’ll just never get new speakers until I can get reasonable conditions to demo speakers. It’s such a huge life commitment, like getting a new car. Some people like getting a new car every couple years
Unless they have both pairs on hand to ship, it might be tough to do a side by side comparison at home before the return window closes.

songOVERsound

Unless they have both pairs on hand to ship, it might be tough to do a side by side comparison at home before the return window closes.
Yeah.. a lot of people on GS say “you need to test the speakers in YOUR room” but get them to offer any kind of suggestions on how to make it happen is kind of like being told that you can’t win the lottery without buying the winning ticket.

OP
Purité Audio

Purité Audio

Master Contributor
Industry Insider
Barrowmaster
Forum Donor
It really is a pity, decent speakers which appear to have a flawed sales/distribution/margin arrangement, the U.K. distributor receives a tiny margin which effectively rules out the appointment of retailers, just mad.
Keith

prestigetone

It really is a pity, decent speakers which appear to have a flawed sales/distribution/margin arrangement, the U.K. distributor receives a tiny margin which effectively rules out the appointment of retailers, just mad.
Keith
Did you ever get a pair?

FlyingTeuton

I visited MEG once. As far as I know, their primary market are more like studios of public-service broadcasting organs, like BBC, or ARD/… in Germany. They even sell their speakers in Japan. I don’t know in which contexts you would like to test their speakers, but if it is in smaller, private studios or maybe even simply at home, that’s just not their main target group (I think).

Top Bottom