• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Which is the better way to balance the volume between avr internal amp and multiple external amp?

anipeg

I use rz50 and qsc dca 1644 amp.
Maybe I will get a nc502mp amp.
In this case, rz50 drive 4 speakers and preout to two or more power amps.
The qsc dca can change different gain.
Here is the question.
Should I just set the gain to max for all amp and just run the avr dirac to get auto balanced volume for all chanels?
I think each channel may have big different level settings after run dirac.
Or should I adjust amp's gain to match the avr's internal gain and let the all channel's level difference as small as possible?

Which way can get better sounds?

f1shb0n3

Forum Donor
Should I just set the gain to max for all amp and just run the avr dirac to get auto balanced volume for all chanels?
Dirac will adjust the levels for you, but to allow it to measure properly you need to adjust the levels to closely match around 75dB at the volume level screen. Leave the quietest channel at +12dB and measured at 75dB at mic position, then adjust down the rest to match. The purpose is to make sure measuring volume is not too low or too high for any speaker which would impact the quality of measurement and calibration.

The final levels Dirac set would be based on its measurements and you can pretty much trust them to be good. Ideally you would use your own calibrated UMIK-1/2 for best results.

Top Bottom