• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Which is a suitable budget friendly 2.1 Hi-Fi Amplifier in 2023?

I am seeking a budget-friendly 2.1 HiFi audio amplifier to connect my speakers. My Speaker specification is below.

Left and Right speaker specs
Model: Sony SS-VX333
Watts: 120 W RMS
Impedance: 6Ohm
Type: 3Way

Subwoofer specs
Model: JBL GT-X 1200 JBL
Watts: 300W RMS (1200W PMPO)
Impedance: 4Ohm

I need to place it in a medium size room. But I need to fill it with music + low background score. Since it is a medium sized room, I don't want to use the total wattage of my speakers and subwoofer. Can I consider Fosi Audio BT30D Pro?

FYI: Currently I am enjoying music with a 4 channel JBL car amplifier in 2.1(3 channel) configuration. I connected two old 3-way Hi-Fi speakers and one 12 inch JBL subwoofer(300w) to the amp. I am getting pretty good sound with low bass. It seems like an all rounder for enjoying music as well as watching movies. I need to set up the same or upgraded listening experience in a budget friendly way for another room. So I reached BT30D Pro.
Show less

MacCali

Major Contributor
I am seeking a budget-friendly 2.1 HiFi audio amplifier to connect my speakers. My Speaker specification is below.

Left and Right speaker specs
Model: Sony SS-VX333
Watts: 120 W RMS
Impedance: 6Ohm
Type: 3Way

Subwoofer specs
Model: JBL GT-X 1200 JBL
Watts: 300W RMS (1200W PMPO)
Impedance: 4Ohm

I need to place it in a medium size room. But I need to fill it with music + low background score. Since it is a medium sized room, I don't want to use the total wattage of my speakers and subwoofer. Can I consider Fosi Audio BT30D Pro?

FYI: Currently I am enjoying music with a 4 channel JBL car amplifier in 2.1(3 channel) configuration. I connected two old 3-way Hi-Fi speakers and one 12 inch JBL subwoofer(300w) to the amp. I am getting pretty good sound with low bass. It seems like an all rounder for enjoying music as well as watching movies. I need to set up the same or upgraded listening experience in a budget friendly way for another room. So I reached BT30D Pro.
Show less
Well first we need to know what your budget is, you can always check the review index.

Click audio electronics and apply filters on a desktop browser for best filtering. Which would include price.

Power rating is not an issue, if what you mean is you don’t want to get a more powerful amp than your speakers can handle. Not sure what you mean, but that’s what I assume

Guessing class D isn’t an issue for you, but personally I don’t think those little class D’s sound that great realistically

OP
kiranmatrixlee
Well first we need to know what your budget is, you can always check the review index.

Click audio electronics and apply filters on a desktop browser for best filtering. Which would include price.

Power rating is not an issue, if what you mean is you don’t want to get a more powerful amp than your speakers can handle. Not sure what you mean, but that’s what I assume

Guessing class D isn’t an issue for you, but personally I don’t think those little class D’s sound that great realistically
Thank you very much for the reply. My maximum affordable price range for an amplifier is $100. That is why the comparison takes place with the car amp and Fosi audio. I can see I will get a class AB car amp. Nearly the same price I will get Fosi audio with a class D amp. But I don't know if there is any other good option or not. So I created the post for getting good opinions from experts like you.

delta76

Major Contributor
can I use it 2.1 configurations?
Yes absolutely. And you can extend it to 5.1 later.
it even has some basic form of room correction. It's better than nothing I suppose.
you might find some better deal (newer model/higher series) if you are patient/lucky, but it's a start.

Willem

Major Contributor
At this price level I don't think anything new will do the job.

OP
kiranmatrixlee
it even has some basic form of room correction. It's better than nothing I suppose.
you might find some better deal (newer model/higher series) if you are patient/lucky, but it's a start.
What is your opinion of using Pioneer GM-E7004 class AB car amplifier OR JBL Stage A9004 class D car amplifier which cost nearly $100 with decent sound?

HarmonicTHD

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
What is your opinion of using Pioneer GM-E7004 class AB car amplifier OR JBL Stage A9004 class D car amplifier which cost nearly $100 with decent sound?
Unless I am mistaken none of the above will allow you to setup a frequency crossover from your main speakers to a sub for a 2.1 system.
The advice above is great. A used AVR is your best option. You get built-in DAC, often streaming capabilities, Room EQ correction (eg Audyssey), Sub out and crossover configuration, you can easily hook up the TV sound if that is something you want and get power amps - all in one box, ready to go. Unbeatable.
Look for used Denon, Marantz or Onkyo.

delta76

Major Contributor
we have no idea how they perform, these are not exactly popular.
the reason we suggest avr here because $ for $, it provides the most features - some critical like LFE, room correction. Yes you can use quite a lot of amps in 100$ budget, they might be decent or good even, but nothing beats an used AVR

grogi.giant

o with an used AVR. A model from 10 years ago like Deno

OP is asking for an AMP for a passive subwoofer....

OP
kiranmatrixlee
OP is asking for an AMP for a passive subwoofer....
You got the point. I checked with a class AB JBL car amplifier connected with two old hifi speakers and a 12-inch JBL subwoofer and get comparable clarity with the Sony hi-fi. The only missing thing is the integrated equalizer with the Sony system. What are your thoughts?

WinWiz

A 12V 2x100W class AB draws above 20A....
May I ask how you supply the car amp 12V and sufficient amperage?

OP
kiranmatrixlee
A 12V 2x100W class AB draws above 20A....
May I ask how you supply the car amp 12V and sufficient amperage?
Its simple, I am using an LED driver having 20A OR a good SMPS. It is working fine for the last few years.

antcollinet

Master Contributor
If you need 2.1 amplifiacarion, (3 channel amplifier) then i dont think
there is anything in the hifi world at your price level. Most subs used for hifi have built in amps.

why do you need to change from the in car amp you are currently using?

ohnonotagain

If you need 2.1 amplifiacarion, (3 channel amplifier) then i dont think
there is anything in the hifi world at your price level. Most subs used for hifi have built in amps.
Most, true. Some used AVRs (I'm thinking of some Onkyo models here) do have an amplfied subwoofer channel. It can be a challenge to find them - usually, the amplifiers are sold in bundles with speaker packages, so you're looking for someone who wants to get rid of their AVR but not the speakers.

grogi.giant

There is the Fosi Audio BT30D Pro.

It measures pretty well, has three channels.of amplification and allows BT connectivity.

It will be limited, especially for the bass, with the power supply - but for most people.iy wil be more than enough. If possible, I would order with 36v/6a power supply.

Last edited:
Top Bottom