• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Which DAC with BT to choose (newbie)

Sui77

Hi!

I am not an audiophile listener and stream my music almost exclusively from Spotify (high res) via a Google Pixel 2 XL (capable for all codecs), but I would like to improve my setup for this.

Amplifier: NAD304
Speaker: Q Acoustics 2020i
Sub (active): Q Acoustics 2070i

Originally I bought a cheap DAC with BT, but the board arrived defective: https://bit.ly/2PjUjO0

Thought about ordering this one, but I think I'm done with this stuff for now: https://bit.ly/39XX9A3

I have now informed myself a little more and I noticed the topping DAC / BT combinations.

Interesting and fitting in my budget are Topping DX3pro V2 and Topping D50s.

Which of the two devices would you recommend to me, or are there also other possibilities?

Last edited:

Tks

Major Contributor
I mean if you need JUST a Dac, then the D50S will serve you well since it has BT you need. With it's performance, you won't need to worry much about needing to upgrade ever really, I'd argue. Just don't forget to chose Filter 7, or 6, or 1, the default 2 rolls off far too slowly if you ask me.

I have the DX3 Pro V1, but if I didn't I'd get the D50S. Either way you go, both seem like good choices.

OP
S

Sui77

Cool, thx for your replay.

Im wondering if I could connect this BT unit by using S/PDIF in on the KHADAS Tone Board?
Should be possible to attach via a cable from pin1 of the BT board to pin13 (GPIO female header) of the tone board, right?

Would tick all my boxes and is pricewise half of the d50s

Last edited:

VintageFlanker

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
OP
S

Sui77

That looks like a valid option. Would be a bit cleaner to push BT and tone board together in my amp housing, but that's more difficult.
Do you know if LDAC is working on that box? Chipset should be capable.

Top Bottom