• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Which DAC to use?

lextok

Hi!

I'm new here so apologies for the newbie question. I've bought some older b&w 602 speakers and marlux amplifier and I'd like to connect them to my smart tv (samsung) with optical output. Because this is a digital output I'd need a DAC. Since I don't know much about that, I'd like your opinion. I'd like it to come with a remote volume control. Other than that I just want decent sound quality, nothing special. (I'm from Belgium btw)

I've seen this cheaper one: nordic sgm 108 for 40 euros
and this one SMSL Sanskrit 10 on Amazon for 105 euros.

Is the price difference really worth it? Or would the Nordic sgm 108 do just fine.

Thanks for your answers!
Alexander

dsnyder0cnn

Addicted to Fun and Learning
I have the Sanskrit 10th v2 and find it to be excellent. It might be a little overkill for your use case, but I don't think you'll regret the extra spend. It's a really excellent sounding DAC for that price. Amir had great things to say about it here.

Top Bottom