• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Which DAC measurements do you like to see next?

Reddy

i´m interested in seeing the results, will you test with 3 seperated power supplys for the best performance?

OP
amirm

amirm

Founder/Admin
Staff Member
CFO (Chief Fun Officer)
Still waiting on those motherboard audio measurements.
Sorry, my workstation with new motherboard and CPU continues to randomly blue screen. :( On top of that Windows has marked as illegitimate copy of Windows 10 and won't accept any of my activation keys. :( :(

I briefly tested it once before it crashed and it definitely did not have clean output. I will see if I can get it scheduled to test somehow.

duo8

Sorry, my workstation with new motherboard and CPU continues to randomly blue screen. :( On top of that Windows has marked as illegitimate copy of Windows 10 and won't accept any of my activation keys. :(:(

I briefly tested it once before it crashed and it definitely did not have clean output. I will see if I can get it scheduled to test somehow.
Wow you got a new computer?

OP
amirm

amirm

Founder/Admin
Staff Member
CFO (Chief Fun Officer)
Wow you got a new computer?
No, the hardware died. So I just replaced the motherboard, CPU and memory. That way I didn't have to go through the pain of installing everything again.

The new Gigabyte motherboard supposedly has higher quality audio hardware so makes for an interesting test case, assuming I can keep it up long enough to test.

Blumlein 88

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
No, the hardware died. So I just replaced the motherboard, CPU and memory. That way I didn't have to go through the pain of installing everything again.

The new Gigabyte motherboard supposedly has higher quality audio hardware so makes for an interesting test case, assuming I can keep it up long enough to test.

You could put Linux on it.

No pesky activation keys.

Your computer hardware will actually belong fully to you.

You'll not need some corp's approval to use it. :p:p:p

Blumlein 88

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
:)

It won't work though since I have to run the Audio Precision software on it to drive the DAC. And AP software only runs on Windows.

AP needs to get with the program and fix that problem. :cool:

maverickronin

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
No pesky activation keys.

Your computer hardware will actually belong fully to you.

You'll not need some corp's approval to use it. :p:p:p

Luckily Windows is popular enough that there are easy ways around all that.

escalibur

@amirm could you do some measurements of some random PC motherboard? As recent model as you can get without spending 'fortune' on it.

Veri

Master Contributor
@amirm could you do some measurements of some random PC motherboard? As recent model as you can get without spending 'fortune' on it.

He has bought a modern motherboard just recently I think the measurements will come once they're done. With the many he's been pushing out I think he needs a break now and then lol.

yue

I'm interested to see some cheap 9038pro impementations:

such as this, this and this. Latter two are pretty prevalent --- seems all cheap 9038pro dacs are based on the same design. More examples: this

If they are really good, we can have some really cheap good performing es9038pro implementations.

maxxevv

Major Contributor
I'm interested to see some cheap 9038pro impementations:

such as this, this and this. Latter two are pretty prevalent --- seems all cheap 9038pro dacs are based on the same design. More examples: this

If they are really good, we can have some really cheap good performing es9038pro implementations.

You could dropship one for Amir to test though. Quite sure he'll be happy to pay for shipping back to you though. :p

Top Bottom