• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Which DAC measurements do you like to see next?

Racheski

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Perhaps it is the words "slam" and "liquidity" than you have to sort out. Metaphors have never been accurate descriptions of reality.
I always associated "slam" with the bass literally causing my ears to vibrate, but that's just me.

Res-Head

And a lot of imagination.

Liquidity is about liquids. It doesn't exist in music reproduction. Yet we don't need anything to measure it.

Why are you in a hobby that is literally about 1 of the 5 subjective senses, if you cannot hear the subjective differences such as the liquidity. I feel most of you should take up gardening or something. Music isn't your calling.

Cc-Mode

Forum Donor
Why are you in a hobby that is literally about 1 of the 5 subjective senses, if you cannot hear the subjective differences such as the liquidity. I feel most of you should take up gardening or something. Music isn't your calling.
What is liquidity?

Jimbob54

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor

Nice of you to go full troll. Ban please!

Veri

Master Contributor
You didn't explain anything about how these measurements should be bad in any way. Nor provided relative comparison to give them any value. BTW, process and instrumentation are still unknown - I would be very surprised if this will be anything more precise and reliable
than an AP. Turns out: It will not..
Just noticed those discord measurements were taken at 4 averages, basically so the spuriae stand out (to make it look extra bad). Joke's on whoever made the measurements though, pretty much all is under -120db (proven to be inaudible); so they basically did the check if E30 is a transparent DAC lol. Well, it is.

I feel most of you should take up gardening or something. Music isn't your calling.
Gosh :oops::oops:

VintageFlanker

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
OK, I'm done. Wasn't aware it was April Fool already. You do seem a bit early.:facepalm:

Nice of you to go full troll. Ban please!
Sure.@BDWoody, please ban this useless troll.

daftcombo

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Is this the hi-fi liquidity you're about?

1615751667349.png

This one is definitely very objective and measurable.

BDWoody

Chief Cat Herder
Forum Donor
...if you cannot hear the subjective differences such as the liquidity. I feel most of you should take up gardening or something.

That's plenty...

Buh bye now.

Slayer

Addicted to Fun and Learning
I feel most of you should take up gardening or something. Music isn't your calling.
Well, I do have some Hoe's just lying around here not doing much. I'm sure there is some trimming work needing to be done. ;)

On a serious note, I know some seem upset at Res-Head for some of his post's. While many may disagree with him, do we really want to call for a ban. I don't really see anything that is to over the top, maybe somewhat obnoxious, but nothing really offensive. A little banter back and fourth isn't going to hurt anyone. Sometimes it's easy to forget the very banner staring us in the face on every page of the forum.
Come here to have fun, be ready to be teased and not take online life too seriously

I am just surprised how we as a society have become so fragile. Seems as if everyone gets offended by one thing or another, no matter how minor it may be. Whatever happened to, sticks and stones may brake my bones, but words will never hurt me? I guess all i am trying to say is, we better toughen up, grow some thick skin. If not, we are headed down a huge hole we may not be able to climb out of.
Never forget George Orwells 1984.

Jimbob54

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
Well, I do have some Hoe's just lying around here not doing much. I'm sure there is some trimming work needing to be done. ;)

On a serious note, I know some seem upset at Res-Head for some of his post's. While many may disagree with him, do we really want to call for a ban. I don't really see anything that is to over the top, maybe somewhat obnoxious, but nothing really offensive. A little banter back and fourth isn't going to hurt anyone. Sometimes it's easy to forget the very banner staring us in the face on every page of the forum.
Come here to have fun, be ready to be teased and not take online life too seriously

I am just surprised how we as a society have become so fragile. Seems as if everyone gets offended by one thing or another, no matter how minor it may be. Whatever happened to, sticks and stones may brake my bones, but words will never hurt me? I guess all i am trying to say is, we better toughen up, grow some thick skin. If not, we are headed down a huge hole we may not be able to climb out of.
Nah, on a wind up from minute one. Not seeking to add anything, just cause friction.

Harmonie

Major Contributor
Forum Donor

threni

Major Contributor

You're right. One minute you're banning third rate trolls, the next you're ushering in fascism.

Veri

Master Contributor
I don't think we should really be calling to ban someone. But I fail to see how any of these past pages is relevant to the "what measurements would you like to see" thread in any case. If he wants to continue this fruitless discussion it should be elsewhere, not here. A thread ban was in order.

Jimbob54

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
I don't think we should really be calling to ban someone. But I fail to see how any of these past pages is relevant to the "what measurements would you like to see" thread in any case. If he wants to continue this fruitless discussion it should be elsewhere, not here. A thread ban was in order.

quotes a 2 year old post from the middle of a 115 page thread as one of their first handful of posts. Nah. As someone asked in another thread, is it a full moon?

VintageFlanker

Major Contributor
Forum Donor

Overzim

Could I ask for a review of the Yamaha AG03?

In fact I just wanted to know if this mixer would work well with the Beyerdynamic dt 990 pro 250 ohm phone.

My only other options would be the Sound Blaster g6 or the Sound blaster x3, would they be better than the yamaha?

Helicopter

Major Contributor
Please prioritize products as early in the product life cycle as possible in order to maximize the impact, which is proportional to the sales yet to occur.

Top Bottom