• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Which DAC measurements do you like to see next?

Veri

Master Contributor
There are too many of them and you can't be sure until someone who with proper equipment had measured them. When looking at component selection, I really can't see much difference between well measured ones. The black little board is just 25$ shipped and you can see all critical components there (except digital receiver of course). If that thing would measure worst than H8/Sonata HD boards, that would be really shame.
It will be worse because it is really bare-bones.

taner

It will be worse because it is really bare-bones.
Since the topic of the thread is "Which DAC measurements do you like to see next?" it is legit that suggesting any DAC, right?

Zerohour

There are too many of them and you can't be sure until someone who with proper equipment had measured them. When looking at component selection, I really can't see much difference with well measured ones. The black little board is just 25$ shipped and you can see all critical components there (except digital receiver of course). If that thing would measure worse than H8/Sonata HD boards, that would be really shame.

implementation is a thing, sadly. I've also bought some cheapo USB DAC from china, performance was decent but it had 12ohm OI or so, definitely not ideal.

basically if I were to go back, I'd spent more for something proven rather than gambling on these stuff (unless you like testing new toys)

Veri

Master Contributor
Since the topic of the thread is "Which DAC measurements do you like to see next?" it is legit that suggesting any DAC, right?
Sure. But when I see that "lusya" rebrand all I can do is not recommend it.

Mehul

A humble request @amirm to review the xDsd please. I am seriously considering purchasing one, as In India, u dont have the Topping NX4 DSD available(customs+no warranty/support). nano bl is quite narrow sounding for my taste. same goes for Mojo, found it quite cluttered. SO, was keen to check the measurements and how it fares. I am looking for a portable Dac amp for my AKG K712 Pro, so the dacamp should have an airy characteristic to the sound, as K712 Pro has a good soundstage to take advantage of it. A close off representation does no good to the K712. Thanks and really looking forward to it. Regards

cavedriver

Addicted to Fun and Learning
They state a THD of <0.001%, aka 100dB, which puts it up there with the $9 Apple dongle DAC, so that doesn’t inspire much confidence in a ~$5000 product. They also say IMD at <0.006%, aka ~85dB, which is even with the Schiit Modi 3.

I'd also really like to see this- the amount of functionality they've integrated into this thing is amazing, and the quality looks top notch. The only things I see missing are a remote or headless control app and the latest bluetooth spec. For me wanting to play local flac players through this to a an amp or headphones is almost perfect. Amirm, if putting one in your hands is the difference between testing and not testing it, PM me.

Edit - oops, this is in reference to the Flux Atlas:
https://fluxlab-acoustics.com/product/atlas/

milus

Not just a DAC, but an all-in-one (cheap?) solution for those who want a server/streamer/DAC: LAN, SPDIF, HDMI, TF Card slot, USB 3.0, USB 2.0 OTG, Balanced output, etc., etc., plus two 3.5" HDD bays!
Certainly, I don't expect top-tier performance, but this could be a nice solution for many (or a secondary A/V system).

Beelink's GS-King X

155210xb7e8gvb5mhnnvee.jpg

milus

... hmmm I guess I should have posted it in "Home music servers/streamers"...:rolleyes:

escalibur

@amirm Do you have Topping D10s on your to-do list?

giordy

it would be interesting for Amir to measure a ...musician pegasus r2r dac .....
a denafrips against a denafrips ....
.... how to make a war at home ....

jameswilson

1) Nuprime mDAC

2) ifi HipDAC

3) Yinlvmei S2

Thank you for all the time & energy Amirm! And the patrons of ASR!!

Saidera

Xperia 1 Mark 2 3.5mm AUX

Asylum Seeker

The iFi Hip DAC-Amp is being hyped to high heaven now. It'd be good to know whether it's worth it.

Top Bottom