• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Which DAC measurements do you like to see next?

OP
amirm

amirm

Founder/Admin
Staff Member
CFO (Chief Fun Officer)
Thanks. Can you link to the test files that you use?

I can try to dig around to find the easiest software to use.
My analyzer generates them so I don't have that many files to share.

jae

Major Contributor
Yulong Aquila II

Alternatively:
GUSTARD A20H
Singxer SDA-2

Sergey2020

Russian dac - Digilab digoxin dac-202 (op-amp AD8066)
http://дигилаб.рф/catalog/dac202.html

odyo

Addicted to Fun and Learning
I really wanna see Asgard 3 review with 4490 akm chip included. There is really no all in one option like this in the market with good build and strong amp. I wanna see how it measures.

ShiZo

Forum Donor
I really wanna see Asgard 3 review with 4490 akm chip included. There is really no all in one option like this in the market with good build and strong amp. I wanna see how it measures.

We already know it will measure like schiit.

ReaderZ

Focal Arche

DAC and headphone amp, especially interested in amp section

sthEn

XiangSheng DAC-05B maybe in it's "strongest" version?

2xAK4497EQ
Dual toroidal transformer
XMOS
OPA627

This is being praised in a lot of forums. No measurements to be found i believe.

:)

Last edited:

Veri

Master Contributor
We already know it will measure like schiit.
The 4490 akm add-on in Jotunheim was tested here:
https://www.audiosciencereview.com/...nts-of-schiit-jotunheim-with-ak4490-dac.6431/
There's no reason to believe Asgard with ak4490 card will perform drastically different, except that there is no balanced output.
So around 96dB SINAD == 16 bits performance, bundled with magni 3+ performance amplifier with better/bigger volume knob.

neukrisz

Audio Company
The made TEAC NT-505 measurement was great, but this type of unit can be completely different if you could measure it as network streamer (not as USB DAC) - the weakest point of this unit is the USB "gate" (unfortunately not as good like the XMOS XU208/XU216 types)
Since this unit is mainly a Streamer (from local network/internet) the most interesting measurements for most of the users is this capability.
The NET board is brand newly developed and I assume much-much higher quality than the USB input. (I guess Lumin D2/T2 level at least) YT review (see the ENG sub)
Is is possible to re-measure the NT-505 from network as source?

Many many thanks in advance!

Last edited:
Top Bottom