• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Which DAC measurements do you like to see next?

somebodyelse

Major Contributor
12V power for a simple DAC? Hmm seems rather much.
12V 1A rating doesn't seem excessive - it's the same ballpark as a Focusrite Forte on external power (example as the 5V 3A PSU is sitting next to me).

OP
amirm

amirm

Founder/Admin
Staff Member
CFO (Chief Fun Officer)
But you don’t know this for all the builders, some of them will be total geeks (meant in a good way) with genuine knowledge and passion for audio electronics. The ones who feel confident in their builds would send one to be tested others would not probably.
No matter how gifted a designer is, if they have not measured the design, they don't know how good it is. And if they have measured them and results are good, they put that in their marketing material. Having wasted good bit of my own money this way, that is the filter I am using to spend more. You all can spend your money if you think otherwise and I am open to performing the measurements.

th0m

Something from Hegel, preferably with variable output, so the HD12, HD20 or HD25 for example.

OP
amirm

amirm

Founder/Admin
Staff Member
CFO (Chief Fun Officer)
Something from Hegel, preferably with variable output, so the HD12, HD20 or HD25 for example.
I have a Hegel product in for review. It is an older sample though from what I recall.

th0m

I have a Hegel product in for review. It is an older sample though from what I recall.
Great, looking forward to it! Their products get almost universal acclaim and their popularity seem to be endless here in Europe, both new and on the used market. I'm not a fan of the aesthetics, but might pick one up if they measure well. Particularly interested in the HD12 or HD25.

Last edited:

Kane1972

The Tascam UH7000 (interface) is meant to be great but discontinued now. Not sure if the new Tascam's are as good or better.

Reinhold

i´ve found this one on Audiophincs.fr for under 100€
https://www.audiophonics.fr/en/dac-...s9028q2m-24bit192khz-dsd128-xmos-p-14093.html

TRASAM DAC3 Balanced DAC ES9028Q2M 24bit/192kHz DSD128 XMOS

is it good, bad or ugly? Lets find out :D

SPECIFICATIONS TypeDAC (digital to analog converter)DAC chipES9028Q2MUSB interfaceXMOS L6InputsOptical x1
Coaxial x1
USB x1OutputsStereo RCA (unbalanced)
XLR-3 stereo (balanced)Sampling rate supportedPCM: up to 192 kHz 24-bit
DSD: up DSD128 (native)Dimensions145 x 50 x 110 mmWeight540g

Veri

Master Contributor
Actually, it's a new product they haven't started selling yet.
And typical Monoprice keeps pushing back the release date.. :)

Chord Hugo TT2 / DAVE with M scaler :cool:
M-scaler won't help measurements.. 100000 or 1M taps is really just marketing crap. Some guy on reddit /r/headphones owns the TT2/M-scaler stack and regretfully admitted adding the scaler made zero difference despite all the gushing it receives online.

Top Bottom