• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Which DAC measurements do you like to see next?

jaco61

Musical fidelity M1-dac
Dac section (and amp) yamaha as301-701
Pro-ject dac box rs, or some pro-jects down the dac box line

Last edited:

Ratatoskr

Bifrost 2. This is the first DAC released with their new proprietary Unison USB receiver and they have already published an APx555 report for it.

heo44

Somebody lend Chord Hugo TT to Armim pls !! I want to see the measurement and the graph of this DAC in single end & balanced mode :(

Purité Audio

Master Contributor
Industry Insider
Barrowmaster
Forum Donor

Herbert

Addicted to Fun and Learning
I would still be very interested in the measurement of the Buffalo II DAC from Twistedpearaudio.
To my understanding it started not only the ESS DAC hype almost 10 years ago as the DAC was
available to the DIY community, but also the possibility of many small companies to get into the business
So it would be interesting if it holds up.
I have one assembled DAC with IVY output stage and shunt regulated power supplies,
but they are built into an old CD-Player with reworked casing. The stuff now weights 20kg
and has a glass top, not good for sending. I have a second Buffalo II with Ivy still unassembled.
But I am here in Germany, so maybe there is someone in the US who could loan one to Amir...?

Tks

Major Contributor

I'd wager considering the comparisons to a totaldac, this thing fails even more spectacularly. Perhaps the worst price to performance ratio on the planet if I had to wager money..

That thing lacks so many features, and playback capabilities it's almost funny. And the internals look awful. At that price I would expect the interior to look better than anything else, instead it looks ancient.

Top Bottom