• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Which DAC measurements do you like to see next?

Music1969

Major Contributor
It is not in the cards right now unless someone loans me one.

Without giving any timeline (so that no-one bugs you continuously) can you give a quick list of the current gear on the cards for measurements?

OP
amirm

amirm

Founder/Admin
Staff Member
CFO (Chief Fun Officer)
Without giving any timeline (so that no-one bugs you continuously) can you give a quick list of the current gear on the cards for measurements?
I don't have model numbers handy. I have a class D amp, some creative DACs, BSS/JBL Dacs, a bunch of Raspberry Pi DACs, some tube headphone amp (little dot?), a car audio DSP, Aune DAC, a QSC amp, a few more low-end chinese power amps, a phone dongle, etc. :)

Music1969

Major Contributor
I don't have model numbers handy. I have a class D amp, some creative DACs, BSS/JBL Dacs, a bunch of Raspberry Pi DACs, some tube headphone amp (little dot?), a car audio DSP, Aune DAC, a QSC amp, a few more low-end chinese power amps, a phone dongle, etc. :)

Thanks! The RPi based networked DACs are getting interesting. Looking forward to where they go this year and next.

Especially hoping for DXD/DSD256 sample rate support at some point (with good measurements of course).

Veri

Master Contributor
Iiirc at least with the older models, the output impedance was 'optimised' for hd600/650/800 high impedance, so not close to 0zout at all. Hopefully they improved that on new models.

As for the dac/amp I believe we'd be looking at aune x1s performance at best.

Veri

Master Contributor
Well, not to come across rude, but I thought this was one of the places where people give more about measurements than about beliefs and hypotheses. So this statement doesn't really contribute to an objective analysis of their performance...
There are currently no measurements. I have listened to the Sennheiser combo units in stores. Until someone sends one to Amir I can still share my experience yeah? The high impedance for one is a pretty significant thing. The other a mere hypothesis.

Veri

Master Contributor
Hey man, congratulations. You successfully convinced me this forum is apparently no better than any other of the "audiophile communities". So my 4th post here will also be my last one. Please feel free to continue posting about your beliefs and brief impressions of products, I will no longer question your greatness and absolute objectivity.
???

I feel I acted rather sane as opposed to you acting like a short tempered jerk. Wish I could say you will be missed. From the start I only shared my listening experience as just that, a subjective experience in the lack of available measurements !

M00ndancer

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Forum Donor
Hey man, congratulations. You successfully convinced me this forum is apparently no better than any other of the "audiophile communities". So my 4th post here will also be my last one. Please feel free to continue posting about your beliefs and brief impressions of products, I will no longer question your greatness and absolute objectivity.
Sensetive much? If you can't take the subjective speculation until the thing is measured, then by all means, leave. Don't forget to close the door after you.

M00ndancer

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Forum Donor
Apologies, but that mindset will not help this site. Subjectivity is totally ok until we have ABX or measurements to back things up. In moderation.

geckos

Armir, did you find the HifiBerry DAC for the Raspberry Pi meanwhile?
Nice Sunday to all and greetings from Germany.

Fernando

Forum Donor
Aune S6!!! I think you have one...

OP
amirm

amirm

Founder/Admin
Staff Member
CFO (Chief Fun Officer)
Armir, did you find the HifiBerry DAC for the Raspberry Pi meanwhile?
Nice Sunday to all and greetings from Germany.
HI there. I have one but Pi products are slow to test so I procrastinate in testing them. :)

analog

I want you to please measure douk audio sioois dac PCM 1794 chip dac with op amp.

Top Bottom