• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Which DAC measurements do you like to see next?

Patrick1958

Forum Donor
I do agree with that. I wonder why most audiophile products go for AKM/Sabre. It's like Cirrus is not "cool" enough lol.
I was asking the same question this week, why don't we see more Cirrus logic and or Wolfson implementations.

Veri

Master Contributor
I was asking the same question this week, why don't we see more Cirrus logic and or Wolfson implementations.

Wolfson has quit the game though as far as I can see since the WM8741. I'm not sure Analog Devices still makes improvements to their DACs either... some pro gear still uses the 2002 AD1955.

RayDunzl

Grand Contributor
Central Scrutinizer
1549146201569.png

soundwave76

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Forum Donor
It seems there are no Matrix products tested so far. How about one Matrix product @amirm?

I personally use the Matrix X-SPDIF USB->AES/Coax converter to feed my Genelec 8331 monitors, so that would be of interest. :) The Mini-i Pro 2S dac+hp amp might also be of interest to many.

OP
amirm

amirm

Founder/Admin
Staff Member
CFO (Chief Fun Officer)

soundwave76

Forum Donor
Great! This is the new version of the one I have. Looking forward to the review!

hege

Forum Donor
Should duel it with a Singxer SU-1 then since those are the most popular ones. :) No problems with SU-1 here with my Gennies..

D

Deleted member 4987

Just curious what happened to the Bluesound node 2i test. Did they just decide to not send you a unit?

soundwave76

Forum Donor
^ oh yes, this interests me VERY much as well, since I use the Node2i in my living room setup.

VintageFlanker

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
I do agree with that. I wonder why most audiophile products go for AKM/Sabre. It's like Cirrus is not "cool" enough lol.
According to audiophile beliefs:

Wolfson = warm
Cirus Logic = medium oriented, mostly neutral
AKM = musical and analog
Sabre = bright and digital sounding.

None of these beliefs have been proved in @amirm measurements. Thanks to ASR to always clears up things, one of them being : Chip does not matter so much at the end! :)

Top Bottom