• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Which DAC measurements do you like to see next?

OP
amirm

amirm

Founder/Admin
Staff Member
CFO (Chief Fun Officer)
Also, I'm not sure if the measurements can be used to compare whether NOS/R2R are really that superior to Sigma Delta ones. Would also like your subjective review on whether they sound better.
I have measured a few R2R DACs (Soekris, Audio-gd, Schiit Yggdrasil). I don't think any of them sound better. At best they sound the same.

atharva

Forum Donor
Ok, thanks. Is there a chart somewhere of all measured DACs so one could decide what to buy based on budget and availability?

OP
amirm

amirm

Founder/Admin
Staff Member
CFO (Chief Fun Officer)

RayDunzl

Grand Contributor
Central Scrutinizer

RayDunzl

Grand Contributor
Central Scrutinizer
I really wonder how far did we get in those 37 years.

My guess, measurement-wise, and probably audible-wise too, would be "not very far".

Here's a little bit...

https://www.gammaelectronics.xyz/images/audio_1982-11_sony-CD_f3-4.jpg

1547476993465.png
1547477015432.png

Last edited:

RayDunzl

Grand Contributor
Central Scrutinizer

Graph Feppar

The measurements you posted show its slightly better than Schiit BiFrost Multibit. I find it funny that Schiit stuff is so bad that its inferior even to the very first DAC ever made from early 80s.

RayDunzl

Grand Contributor
Central Scrutinizer

Lucy

Hi everyone. This is my first post here, although I've enjoyed Armirm's analysis for a time.
I would like to request the new Fiio K3 review, especially the low/high gain measurements.
Thanks in advance.

Graph Feppar

Hi everyone. This is my first post here, although I've enjoyed Armirm's analysis for a time.
I would like to request the new Fiio K3 review, especially the low/high gain measurements.
Thanks in advance.

Also single ended and balanced :)
I hope Armin has 2.5mm to XLR adapter at hand.

EDIT : Oh and also USB 1.0 driverless and USB 2.0 mode. Since it has switch that changes this I would like to see the jitter spectrum. I dont need DSD or the HiRes bullcarp but I wonder how does jitter differ between these two.

Last edited:
OP
amirm

amirm

Founder/Admin
Staff Member
CFO (Chief Fun Officer)
Welcome to the forum. Just ordered it from Amazon. Says will be in stock on the 18th and get to me by 21st....

Mdevan

I would also like to see how the new Fiio K3 stacks up vs the myriad of other inexpensive dac/amps hitting the market. More importantly, I would like to thank Amir for all the work that has obviously been done to provide us with usable information about these products.

Roen

Addicted to Fun and Learning
One is kindly being sent for review!
Damn you ASR, my wallet is getting lighter because of you!

This would nicely replace my D50 - O2 stack as my portable devices of choice.

Top Bottom