• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Which DAC measurements do you like to see next?

March Audio

Master Contributor
Audio Company
So far everything I have tested of that kind has been horrible. None of these are tested to see if they actually perform. So I am not inclined to buy more of them but if someone wants to and sends it to me, I will measure. :)

Which ones would you like ? :)

Oh if anyone wants to buy any of these boards please PM ;)

IMG20181216155128.jpg

Biblob

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Both the Node2 and the Node 2i have the same DAC chip, the Texas Instruments PCM5122.
http://www.ti.com/product/PCM5122

The Node 2i supposedly has circuit layout improvements.

Here's a test that includes a teardown of the Node2:
https://www.qobuz.com/IE-en/info/Hi-Res-Guide/Bluesound-Node-2-Qobuzism-for-this177889

My dad has a Node 2. I would really like to see measurements for it :).
Great streamer, by the way. Especially when you don't have Roon, but still want a complete package and features.

bigx5murf

I understand shipping AV Receivers is a nightmare. But would love to see more AV receiver measurements and reviews.

OP
amirm

amirm

Founder/Admin
Staff Member
CFO (Chief Fun Officer)
I understand shipping AV Receivers is a nightmare. But would love to see more AV receiver measurements and reviews.
That is the issue we face. Recently I have received tons of large gear whether it is DAC or Amp. Shipping these things is expensive. I and the people loaning them are paying the cost but ultimately if we want to cover this category, members need to contribute a lot more funds to cover the costs. I am certainly game and interested in testing this category. I just don't know that it is within our means collectively right now.

Roen

Testing USB Battery Packs with the worst DACs for power noise suppression please! @amirm

zeropoint

How about a review of the Sioois dual mono PCM1794 Wi-Fi Bluetooth Aptx-X XMOS USB DAC with S/PDIF inputs. Available on eBay.

OP
amirm

amirm

Founder/Admin
Staff Member
CFO (Chief Fun Officer)
Testing USB Battery Packs with the worst DACs for power noise suppression please! @amirm
Most dacs don't support external power. So not sure how useful this is.

zeropoint

Also, I'd be interested in "Douk Audio Mini Bluetooth 4.2 USB DAC / PC Sound Card / U-Disk TF Music Player / Headphone Amplifier / APP Control" based on an AK4490, SA9023, and OPA2604. Again, available on eBay.

OP
amirm

amirm

Founder/Admin
Staff Member
CFO (Chief Fun Officer)
How about a review of the Sioois dual mono PCM1794 Wi-Fi Bluetooth Aptx-X XMOS USB DAC with S/PDIF inputs. Available on eBay.
Do you have the link for it?

zeropoint

OP
amirm

amirm

Founder/Admin
Staff Member
CFO (Chief Fun Officer)
Thanks. The first two are quite expensive. I thought they would be $50 or something. :) At that price I can't take a chance on them given my poor experience of getting stuck with these products after review.

westyjeff

@amirm Did you get the Geshelli Labs ENOG 2 Pro yet? I have one and really want to see were it stands in all things DAC.

OP
amirm

amirm

Founder/Admin
Staff Member
CFO (Chief Fun Officer)
@amirm Did you get the Geshelli Labs ENOG 2 Pro yet? I have one and really want to see were it stands in all things DAC.
No I have not. Got a strange order cancellation a couple of days ago so maybe they change their mind about sending one???

OP
amirm

amirm

Founder/Admin
Staff Member
CFO (Chief Fun Officer)

tomli747

How about TEAC UD301?
It's below USD300 and has balenced output.
Seems a good choice to pair with THX amp.

Top Bottom