• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Which DAC measurements do you like to see next?

helloworld

presonus 192 mobile and focusrite clarett 4 pre usb. They both cost about $400-$500 and claim to have more than 115db dynamic range of ad/da and good mic preamp

OP
amirm

amirm

Founder/Admin
Staff Member
CFO (Chief Fun Officer)
OP
amirm

amirm

Founder/Admin
Staff Member
CFO (Chief Fun Officer)
I might have read somewhere the designer of the uDSD worked for nuforce, not 100 % sure.
Got it. I have a soft spot for our patreon donors on requests so even though I have a deep pipeline, I went ahead and ordered it from Amazon. :)

OP
amirm

amirm

Founder/Admin
Staff Member
CFO (Chief Fun Officer)

escalibur

Krunok

Major Contributor
I've meant R28. It would still be interesting to see how good/bad it is compared to NFB-models.

If company sells a $1680 product which measures that poorly I'm not really interested in their other products.

Krunok

Major Contributor
smsl released the su-8, a competitor to the topping d50. The smsl comes with an integrated power supply, balanced out and remote, so it's better in terms of features, but people are wondering if that comes at the expense of performance.

What I find unprofessional about SMSL is that the product is still not shown on their web page nor are they answering any questions by email about their products. Topping and Matrix answered all inquiries next bussines day and showed detailed info about all of their products on their web site.

maxxevv

Major Contributor
What I find unprofessional about SMSL is that the product is still not shown on their web page nor are they answering any questions by email about their products. Topping and Matrix answered all inquiries next bussines day and showed detailed info about all of their products on their web site.

Can concur on that. Asked their official contact email regarding the output impedance of their SAP-10 headphone amplifier.

Complete silence ...... its been a few weeks and not even a reply, much less an answer.

HifiGuy

They are two DACs which i highly recommend:

1. Musical Fidelity M1 DAC II (asynchronous usb)
2. audiolab M-DAC+

Wombat

Master Contributor
They are two DACs which i highly recommend:

1. Musical Fidelity M1 DAC II (asynchronous usb)
2. audiolab M-DAC+

Why so? :)

Top Bottom