• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Which country produces the greatest speakers?

Kegemusha

Sweden has, Marten Design, Guru Audio, Audio Pro, XTZ, Dynavoice, Loud of Sweden among others.

Skärmklipp.JPG

Last edited:

Cadguy

You forgot Denmark :), they do some goods speakers, Dali, SA, Buchard, Dynavoice,Jamo, B&O among others.
I've often wondered why a small country like Denmark designs/produces so many quality speakers. Could it be because of better access and excellence in education? (Engineering schools). Does the government of Denmark provide any incentives for tech research?

Katji

Major Contributor
I think you'd have to be a fool not to concede that America is the clear winner here as they should be given their population, but what about on a per capita basis?
There are other factors, but then check number of speaker manufacturers in Germany, and total population.

[ Sorry if that has already been covered, p1 probably enough for me.]

Last edited:

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
I've often wondered why a small country like Denmark designs/produces so many quality speakers. Could it be because of better access and excellence in education? (Engineering schools). Does the government of Denmark provide any incentives for tech research?

Basically a guy called Ejvind Skaaning invented the midwoofer-with-good-bass which took over the world as it it allowed small bookshelf speakers to be full range.

He also founded scanspeak and his kid runs audio technology, which makes some of the best drivers currently available. Scanspeak basically invented the dome tweeter that plays low enough to mate with a midwoofer. So basically the modern stand mount speaker was created in Denmark.

Ejvind founded Dynaudio. Peter Lyngdorf started Dali, not sure if he's buds with Skaaning but I bet he is.

valerianf

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Danemark is a country with a very high level of education.
They are very famous for their very high end furniture and interior designs.
They do like innovation.

jensgk

Forum Donor
The danes were among the early pioneers, maybe because of Hans Christian Ørsted, who discovered electromagnetism, and people like Peter L. Madsen, who was an early maker of speakers with moving coils, and others: https://issuu.com/danishsound/docs/loudspeaker_100_year_aniversary_hig

Sal1950

Grand Contributor
The Chicago Crusher
Forum Donor

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
D

Deleted member 65

Isn’t this one of the most boring threads in here for a long long time. Trying to pass time as best as I can considering I’m since 7 weeks enduring my walker ortos & waiting for my second shot of covid-19 vaccine. Only comfort is that me & Tiger Woods share same type of shoe … haha

1620410931895.jpeg

thewas

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
A sad situation, a large number of which have been stole from the US. :mad:
The verb stolen puts the blame on the acquirer which imo doesn't tell the truth in most cases, to blame are usually the local previous owners who were too greedy or badly managed and lead to the takeover.

Top Bottom