• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Which AVRs models have been purposed (or planned to) to Amirm for a review but still in the queue ?

Gedeon

Forum Donor
Just trying to guess which AVR models we could see reviewed in the next months...

jgirado

Forum Donor
I already initiated a conversation with Amir to see if he want to review my Onkyo PR-RZ5100, let see what he says.

GD Fan

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Forum Donor
Considering the extensive discussions the AVR reviews ignite, and the ripples they appear to send externally (see: Emotiva for the most recent example), this would seem to be a fruitful area on which to concentrate. Especially since the quality appears to be so uniformly lacking.

At the moment I'm controlling an upgrade impulse until the new Arcam AVRs (10, 20, and 30) get sorted out and the new NAD is finally shipped. Once all that's been done I'd be happy to arrange drop shipment if there is interest.

pozz

Слава Україні
Forum Donor
Editor
Sending in AVRs usually means disconnecting your entire system. I can see why people avoid doing it. Also size, weight.

Liten

Nothing else is here right now for testing.

Amirim, I know people send you gear to test but are you also talking to companies like Sound United to get them to send you units for review?

SynthesisCinema

I already initiated a conversation with Amir to see if he want to review my Onkyo PR-RZ5100, let see what he says.

I hope this works out with @amirm ! The Integra 4.3 which is identical to Onkyo ZR-730 showed some potential in certain areas and the flaghip version should be step up. And it would be first THX Ultra2 Plus receiver tested, although Amir doesn´t believe THX adds much but Gene noticed the bass management data was very good on Integra machine which is THX Select 2 rated! :)
https://www.audioholics.com/av-rece...-4.2-drx-4.3-listening-bench-tests-conclusion

Last edited:

amirm

Founder/Admin
Staff Member
CFO (Chief Fun Officer)
Amirim, I know people send you gear to test but are you also talking to companies like Sound United to get them to send you units for review?
No, I do not usually contact companies for products. Best to have you all contact them and ask. That way they know people care about what we do here.

jgirado

Forum Donor
We have connected so yes, it will happen.
I need to make sure the replacement (HTP-1) is working properly and I'm happy with it. This is my first time with Dirac and so far it eludes me, not getting the same results, especially bass, compared to the Onkyo. Probably (I'm sure) is me since any room correction/eq entitle a learning curve and I just began playing with it and not there yet.

But if everything works, I'll send him the Onkyo next week.

Last edited:

Dj7675

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
I have sent in the NAD 758 V3 and the Emotiva XMC-1. Next time we leave on vacation for a bit, I plan on sending in my Denon X8500. There is one German bench test (if I recall correctly) but nothing even close to what Amir does. A flagship receiver needs to be a bench tested. Probably within the next 4-6 weeks if all goes well.

AthanasiosL

Forum Donor
AV40 is the last hope... SDP 55 will be expensive in Europe anyway...

Last edited:

jgirado

Forum Donor
Onkyo PR-RZ5100 Update: I reached a point in which I'm [almost] happy with my HTP-1 Dirac settings to let go of my Onkyo PR-RZ5100, so yesterday I packed it and I'll probably ship it to Amir this Friday or Saturday. Also, for me at least, the HTP-1 is rock solid (still the WEB based GUI on my tablet is annoyingly slow but not with my PC, so I'll probably upgrade my tablet or try building an Android app, will see).

SynthesisCinema

Damn, it´s almost like christmas again with many intresting models coming for Amir! :)

Hopefully we get Arcam at some point. There is potential and big hope that it would show something special as there is lot of hype around them how great they sound, even with Dirac Live disabled. Will we finally see superior engineering to support the high price?

Also Denon 4000-6000 serie (or Marantz) for comparison sake to cheaper models where the powersupply is moved to better position, beefier heatsinks and powersupply/caps etc. And in the case of 6000 serie being made in Japan is intresting.

As a Yamaha owner i would like to see A30x0 flagship measured and/or Yamaha CX-A5100 processor!

Top Bottom