• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Which AVRs models have been purposed (or planned to) to Amirm for a review but still in the queue ?

SynthesisCinema

I will be sending in mine when we next leave for vacation. I am guessing in the next 2-4 weeks. It is really strange there are no bench tests from the usual places on the Denon flagship receiver.

Audiovision has benched it.

2ch (4ohm) 260w 1kHz Sinus
2ch (6ohm) 213w 1kHz Sinus

5ch (4ohm) 161w 1kHz Sinus
5ch (6ohm) 141w 1kHz Sinus

7ch (4ohm) 140w 1kHz Sinus
7ch (6ohm) 122w 1kHz Sinus
https://translate.google.com/transl...=https://audiovision.de/denon-avc-8500h-test/

Dj7675

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Audiovision has benched it.
Yes, I have seen that as well. Are there any THD+Noise measurements for the amp/dac? Or is it just testing the amp power? I didn't see any noise/distortion measurements but might have missed them.

jgirado

Forum Donor
Yes, Amir got my Onkyo already :)

gatsu

It's to find out if they have the same problems as the pioneer.

HTNut1975

Forum Donor
I'd like to see the new JBL SDP-55 (or Arcam AV40), and then its AVR counterpart, the SDR-35. I'm curious to know if there's much compromise, if at all, when adding the onboard amps. And then, I'm crossing my fingers that the NAD T 778 pulls through and shocks us with excellent numbers!! One can dream, right? Hope all is well with everyone.

capitanharlock

Actually I was going to buy the Arcam Avr40, but then COvid-19 stroke us badly.
I guess that we will need to wait and hope for the best.

jgirado

Forum Donor
Now that my Onkyo has been tested if @amirm wants I can send my very old Denon AVR-4806.

It's heavy! So it's up to him if he wants it for review.

JC_RFC

Hi All,

Given we have the MRX1120 and MRX520 done I would love to see the MRX720 as well. The MRX1120 and MRX720 seem to share the same electronics (different to the MRX520) but the 1120 has the toroidal so it would be very interesting to see how much this influences the results.

Full disclosure, I have a MRX720 but am in Australia so unfortunately sending mine is prohibitive, I could donate towards someone local to Amirs shipping costs though.

I would imagine there would be people who don't need the 11 channels but might pay for better results if the 1120 is better than the 720 if they knew by how much? I would have liked to know prior to purchase myself.

JC.

Top Bottom