• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Which AV Processor or DAC?

Denosaur22

Wasn't sure which forum to put this under...so here it goes.

We are purchasing a two channel system with a power amp and either a DAC or AV processor.

We have on order and are waiting for:

- a pair of Ohm Acoustic Walsh speakers by the name of Super Sound Cylinder
(Recommended Amplifier 70-300 watts
Impedance (typical) 6 Ω
Frequency Response 26 - 20,000 Hz
Sensitivity @2.8 Volts 88 dB)

- a power amplifier by the name of VTV AMPLIFIER Stereo Purifi Audio 1ET400A Dual Mono (Two Power Supplies) with a Weiss buffer.

QUESTION: What DAC or AV processor would pair well with this? What options would you recommend?

Side Note: We are looking to possible connect the AV components to the TV and the TV to the DAC; thereby, bypassing the need for an AV processor.

Beershaun

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
IMHO the NAD M33 is the all in one package I'd choose If I had the funds and the need for a 2.2 system. I recommend you start with that as a baseline and then compare to other separate options like minidsp SHD+ VTV amp and see what you prefer. I would definitely include a DSP with room correction and EQ options in your system and a subwoofer output.

Top Bottom