• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Which ASR member would you most want to meet in person, and why? (fun Christmas thread...hopefully...)

restorer-john

Grand Contributor
So, we all chat, talk BS, learn, research and argue about High Fidelity, measurements, new products and developments. It's not such a bad place is it? Amir did OK.

A big, eclectic bunch of dudes (mostly), some real characters, nutcases, obsessives, some peaceful and well balanced and others prone to fly off the handle without warning. Some take criticism lightly, others are unassailable in their positions and self belief.

So, who would you like to meet in person, chew the fat with and have a few beers/wines? It's not a popularity contest and if everyone says "Amir" I will actually vomit. And no, I don't want to meet all you clowns either.

Pick one* member and give your reasons, it can be serious or not...

*edited : as many as you want

:)

Last edited:

pma

Major Contributor
I would like to meet you, John, however there is quite a distance between Prague and Queensland :). I used to travel to Japan quite often, for engineering purposes, but never to Australia :).
The reason - I feel we might have a good talk about audio gear, its performance and testing ;).

RayDunzl

Grand Contributor
Central Scrutinizer
I've already met two.

If anyone shows up at the Florida Audio Expo, I'll be the one that doesn't look like my avatar.

OP
restorer-john

restorer-john

Grand Contributor
Aww, that's really nice Pavel. hopefully he's being serious...

I've probably shot myself in the foot with the "one member" bit. Feel free to add as many as you guys choose...

Reactions: pma

North_Sky

Major Contributor
Floyd Toole, to chat...scientific ventures ... and the Big Bang.

RayDunzl

Grand Contributor
Central Scrutinizer
How did it work out? Drinks and fun, or punch-up and someone was arrested?

It was a quick drive-by for @dallasjustice place, to sample M2/BenchmarkAudiolens (or Acourate?)/etc system.. I only had an hour while avoiding some dead person's viewing. We were in Corsicana for the week of July 4, the recently deceased in North Dallas.

And @Sal1950, at a local audio club meeting, and again at the Expo last February. Sal even came by the house so I could embarrass myself some more.

Last edited:

solderdude

Grand Contributor
I can't pick just 1 but if I had to choose it would be @j_j

That said, would be fun to actually meet the Dutch, Belgian and perhaps German members in a meet of sorts as that is actually feasible IRL.

Last edited:
OP
restorer-john

restorer-john

Grand Contributor
I can't pick just 1

I have realized it was a foolish premise, but I was hoping we'd have some harmless Christmas fun.

If you're being serious in your answer, it comes across as a bit of a man-crush. If you're being humorous, well, the joke may not land well.

RayDunzl

Grand Contributor
Central Scrutinizer

Theo

If anyone shows up at the Florida Audio Expo, I'll be the one that doesn't look like my avatar.
I'm so disappointed. I was looking forward to meet you... Maybe not, then!

OP
restorer-john

restorer-john

Grand Contributor
Well, that could be you @restorer-john I would immediately lock you up in an office with all my vintage equipment, a few tools, and bags of parts to let you do your thing while I listen to my class-D devices in the lounge.

Love it! :)

solderdude

Grand Contributor
I have realized it was a foolish premise, but I was hoping we'd have some harmless Christmas fun.

J_J is pretty harmless is he not ? and he was not mentioned yet. Besides who wouldn't want to pick his brain.
No man-crush b.t.w. but appreciation for his knowledge and his ability to clarify things to a wide audience.
Would love to meet many ASR members in person. Even Maty... ;)

Last edited:

solderdude

Grand Contributor
Well, that could be you @restorer-john I would immediately lock you up in an office with all my vintage equipment, a few tools, and bags of parts to let you do your thing while I listen to my class-D devices in the lounge.

Be careful ... he might just 'Carver' them all and make them sound like class-D... just for fun.

Top Bottom