• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Which Arendal speaker would you like Erin to review?

Which Arendal speaker would you like Erin to review?

• Total voters

sweetchaos

Major Contributor
The Curator
Today, @hardisj has announced he's going to get the opportunity to test Arendal speaker(s)! :D:D

Please vote!
If you see *Audioholics* in the poll above = > They already reviewed that model, review here.

index.php

Last edited:

kernelpanic

Thanks for this! Voted, would love to see the 1723 Tower S, but also the heights, either 1961 or 1723, would be intriguing as well!

Also, the 1723 1S or 1V subwoofer would be sweet!

hardisj

Major Contributor
Reviewer
Guys, as I posted in the above-shared from my YouTube channel, the 1723 THX tower is out of stock and some not due back until next year. So all the votes for that are automatically thrown out.

Last edited:

kernelpanic

Guys, as I posted in the above-shared from my YouTube channel, the 1723 THX S tower is out of stock in every color until next year at the earliest. So all the votes for that are automatically thrown out.
Really? The website says 1723 Tower S black and white satin are in stock and ready to ship to the US...

hardisj

Major Contributor
Reviewer
Really? The website says 1723 Tower S black and white satin are in stock and ready to ship to the US...
Sorry. Not the ‘S’. I edited my post.

Point is: The one with the most votes in this poll are not in stock. And the earliest will be next month for one of the finishes. The rest are next year.

bigjacko

Addicted to Fun and Learning
I would love to see how they designed their WTW. The 1723 tower should be pretty close to 1723 monitor except tower goes lower. So for me I would choose 1723 tower s with the 6.5" woofer as 8" was measured already.

SpinifexV

Well, I am looking for a sealed speaker to mount on the wall of my large basements living room (7.5 by 5.5 m) to play with my SB1000 Pro, so I would be very interested for measurements of the 1961 Monitors, but it seems I'm mostly alone in this.

LearningToSmile

I'm also interested in the big tower, but if it's not available, the second most interesting is I think the 1723 Monitor THX - it's got the same woofers, and it's also the same exact speaker as the 1723 Center THX, so it would offer a kind of 2-in-1 opportunity for testing.

As per the Arendal website:
As such, the 1723 Center is the same speaker as the 1723 Monitor but sold separately and with the grill badges moved for aesthetic purposes.

Astrozombie

Forum Donor
I'm curious how this place labels their "monitors" and "bookshelves", normally you see a monitor as a nearfield active speaker for recording.

Chromatischism

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
I really want to see if the polar response of the 1723 Center (S or not) as measured by Klippel NFS matches the company's published measurements. They seem to good to be true, given what we've seen from 2-way horizontal speakers so far:

Graph_Polar_Response_Center_S-1200x676-1.png

Since the Center wasn't in the poll, I voted for the Monitor.

Last edited:

Willem

Major Contributor
One of the subwoofers, preferably the 2s. And while I am at it, I would love to see a direct comparison with the KEF KF 92. It is about the same price, is also a dual sub with some dsp, has quite similar amplifier power, but is rahter smaller, so may be domestically more acceptable. How much does one lose by going for the smaller KEF?

SynthesisCinema

the second most interesting is I think the 1723 Monitor THX - it's got the same woofers, and it's also the same exact speaker as the 1723 Center THX, so it would offer a kind of 2-in-1 opportunity for testing.

As per the Arendal website:
Already measured at Audioholics and James mentioned the center channel deals the usual MTM issues.

The MTM design of the 1723 Monitor/Center makes a lobing pattern along the axis of the woofers inevitable at off-axis angles. As discussed above, the woofer cancellation starts to take a toll on the response up to the 1.5kHz crossover point at about a 20-degree angle. So if the user is going to have a 1723 Center speaker, they should be seated within 20 degrees on either side of the on-axis angle for a full sound.

Top Bottom