• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Which Amplifier have the best resale value ? please help me compare 2 nads.

• Thread starter Deleted member 51459
  • Start date

Dj7675

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Yes i am looking for all in one - the more things the better integrated amp + streaming solution etcs...

Nad m10 v1 and v2 are too underpower and problematic ,
sonos amp, i cant get mini dsp same i cant get.
nad m10 i can get but too underpowered and problematic ,
very low sinad and very back in the charts.
to be honest with you , nad m10 cost 1000$ more money than nad c399,
including blue os module. and its almost 2 times less powerful thats why its out of the question.
Looks like you created a similar thread already...
Just a few comments..
-I have the M10 and for our living room with Revel F226be speakers isn't underpowered for my particular needs. Looks very nice, very small and have not had any issues with at all and sounds fine.
-Looks like the NAD C399 would be your best bet for your needs it seems
If you have the space, a receiver will often provide more for less money even. And many of them come with the built in streaming features you are looking for.
-But none of these all in one with built in streaming will really hold their value IMO. Seems like most of the time within 3-5 years they generally go for around 50% of new original price if purchased new.

OP
D

Deleted member 51459

Looks like you created a similar thread already...
Just a few comments..
-I have the M10 and for our living room with Revel F226be speakers isn't underpowered for my particular needs. Looks very nice, very small and have not had any issues with at all and sounds fine.
-Looks like the NAD C399 would be your best bet for your needs it seems
If you have the space, a receiver will often provide more for less money even. And many of them come with the built in streaming features you are looking for.
i dont plan to get m10
since its 2 times less power for 1000$ more money compared to nad c399,
its in simular price for me /same price backet as m33,
which i can get everyday instead of m10 v2.
i understand that for your it may works fine i am looking for an upgrade i am currently having jvc home theater which is close to 100w so i am looking for an upgrade not to have same power again and again.

Nad c399 is good choise but its not in stock, availability is 000 and no eta on delivery date so they push me to get/and buy m33...

you have great speakers, but i guess you listen to them not very loud.

Webninja

Forum Donor
As others have said, market conditions are hard to predict. Why don’t you check the used market in your area and see how much 2 year old integrated amps are going for?

This will give you ballpark percent of value for your decision.

I’m in Los Angeles and nothing sells here unless it’s very cheap. Either people want vintage or they buy new. I’ve got 3 AVRs just because I can’t get rid of the old ones.

OP
D

Deleted member 51459

As others have said, market conditions are hard to predict. Why don’t you check the used market in your area and see how much 2 year old integrated amps are going for?

This will give you ballpark percent of value for your decision.

I’m in Los Angeles and nothing sells here unless it’s very cheap. Either people want vintage or they buy new. I’ve got 3 AVRs just because I can’t get rid of the old ones.
in my country no one i selling used nad integrated amps...
i checked out.

Webninja

Forum Donor
in my country no one i selling used nad integrated amps...
i checked out.
I think then checking eBay might be beneficial, but I've found shipping and the potential for loss (scammy buyers, shipping damage) make me wary of selling items over a few hundred dollars on eBay.

But I do think there is your answer - the resale value is dependent on demand, and if you need to sell locally, and the demand is near 0, it doesn't really matter how much you believe the item is worth.

Dj7675

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
i dont plan to get m10
since its 2 times less power for 1000$ more money compared to nad c399,
its in simular price for me /same price backet as m33,
which i can get everyday instead of m10 v2.
i understand that for your it may works fine i am looking for an upgrade i am currently having jvc home theater which is close to 100w so i am looking for an upgrade not to have same power again and again.

Nad c399 is good choise but its not in stock, availability is 000 and no eta on delivery date so they push me to get/and buy m33...

you have great speakers, but i guess you listen to them not very loud.
The M10 is based on the Hypex NC252 which is a 250w module into 4ohms. The sensitivity of the F226be is around 90dB. They combo will and do actually play very loudly. Being loud enough will of course depend on speaker sensitivity, and listening distance. What speakers are you going to be using and at what distance?

OP
D

Deleted member 51459

The M10 is based on the Hypex NC252 which is a 250w module into 4ohms. The sensitivity of the F226be is around 90dB. They combo will and do actually play very loudly. Being loud enough will of course depend on speaker sensitivity, and listening distance. What speakers are you going to be using and at what distance?
kef r3 at 8ohm,
distance 1-2 meter max.

OP
D

Deleted member 51459

i will buy NAD M33
high end baby
i sill sale this weekend my naim MUSO 2.
hopefully its better than nad c399 if its not then, i will have another item in the house.

I already linked you this one some two weeks ago and ran some numbers for you too.

How much power do you think you need?

in the future i will get high end speakers
so i will need more power and instead of loosing money on selling i will get 1 upgrade forever

pablolie

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
I already linked you this one some two weeks ago and ran some numbers for you too.

How much power do you think you need?
I recall calculating it for my setup when I had a NAD D7050 (50W) with KEF LS50... and it could do 102dB (and that's w/o considering highpass and sub), which will cause permanent hearing damage in 10 minutes...

OP
D

Deleted member 51459

I recall calculating it for my setup when I had a NAD D7050 (50W) with KEF LS50... and it could do 102dB (and that's w/o considering highpass and sub), which will cause permanent hearing damage in 10 minutes...
i dont have sub,
and kef r3 can go up to 180w per channel,

in the near future i will have more powerfull speakers as well... so no point of getting some cheap and underpowered amp , after that selling it ,loosing money and getting brand new at inflated prices..
m33 already cost fortune in some countries around 6000$ without discount in my country is at least 6k$

OP
D

Deleted member 51459

Welcome to the Universal Audiophile Truths. :-D
i plan to skip that thats why i go to high end m33, do you like it whats your opinion regarding this junk, repair man doesnt like any nad i think they are junk.

pablolie

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
i plan to skip that thats why i go to high end m33, do you like it whats your opinion regarding this junk, repair man doesnt like any nad i think they are junk.

All in all I think NAD is a fantastic brand, honestly. They have a great product offering top to bottom.

Product performance seems to be always very good even if not always class leading (by infinitesimal measurements).

Several of their top products easily outperform esoteric audiophile stuff at a fraction of the cost. At the same time they have been at the frontline of multi-function integration. That is still a thing in progress to get it totally right, but that's the same for the entire audio industry to establish the right mix.

The M33 is clearly stellar, dismiss minor measurement assessments that claim something else performs 0.02% better. You will not hear the difference in a zillion years.

HarmonicTHD

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
i will buy NAD M33
high end baby
i sill sale this weekend my naim MUSO 2.
hopefully its better than nad c399 if its not then, i will have another item in the house.

in the future i will get high end speakers
so i will need more power and instead of loosing money on selling i will get 1 upgrade forever
Currently absolut overkill considering your R3 and seeing your setup. Sure. Your money.

For the ca 3000 difference to the C399 you can get into your Lexus, drive to Austria, pick up the C399 or any other amp, get an invoice with the VAT (remember Bulgaria is in the EU afaik ) on it, claim the expense or even f,, the tax deduction and still have a great time there. Just saying.

But yes please buy it to get this whole thing moving forward.

Good luck.

Last edited:

curiouspeter

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Resale value has more to do with brand value than SINAD.

Try McIntosh. The blue VU meters will still be blue.

I do not care about resale value. Amps are pretty much disposable electronics nowadays.

OP
D

Deleted member 51459

Currently absolut overkill considering your R3 and seeing your setup. Sure. Your money.

For the ca 3000 difference to the C399 you can get into your Lexus, drive to Austria, pick up the C399 or any other amp, get an invoice with the VAT (remember Bulgaria is in the EU afaik ) on it, claim the expense or even f,, the tax deduction and still have a great time there. Just saying.

But yes please buy it to get this whole thing moving forward.

Good luck.
I will buy better speakers in the near fduture. Its not only vat there is company expense amortization as well 2 types of expenses...

HarmonicTHD

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
I will buy better speakers in the near fduture. Its not only vat there is company expense amortization as well 2 types of expenses...
Fair enough. Just consider the rule of thumb of spending ca 80% or more of your budget on speakers. That would mean to spent ca 30.000 on future speaker upgrades considering the 6k amp. Sure it is a rule of thumb, but just to give some rough perspective

OP
D

Deleted member 51459

Fair enough. Just consider the rule of thumb of spending ca 80% or more of your budget on speakers. That would mean to spent ca 30.000 on future speaker upgrades considering the 6k amp. Sure it is a rule of thumb, but just to give some rough perspective
in 2 years time this amp will be valued 000, so i can resale it if its junk and get something new.
even after few days i can sale it if someone wants to get it for 50% off.

Why i need to spend 30.000$ for speakers?
can i go with 9000$ for speakers?

Top Bottom