• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Which Amplifier have the best resale value ? please help me compare 2 nads.

• Thread starter Deleted member 51459
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 51459

Hello i almost made my purchase since i dont have wife/kids girlfriend i drive 30 +++ years old car.

Which one i can buy , in order to have the best possible resale value, nad c399 2600$ vs nad m33 3793$

it doesnt matter which one i will choose ,
they will be written as company/accountant expenses so over period of 2 years their value will be 000 in the company terms in case

nad c399 is based on hypex
nad m33 is based on purifi i am interested in their resale value, but also in their sound quality,
as far as i understand based into the sinad chart
and tests done by Amir,

c399 is better into the sinad chart , and m33 is lower in the sinad chart?

nad c399 is in 63rd place sinad value 94db,

nad m33 is in 74th place sinad value 93db , also according to specs m33 is more powerfull
please advice i will buy it this week.

BlackTalon

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Forum Donor
Like when comparing most pairs of nads, one is usually a little lower than the other, but close enough that the quality is pretty equal.

Anyway, in use you will not be able to tell the difference between 93 and 94db. So if purchase price is not an option go for the one that has the feature set and power that best suits your use case. They probably will depreciate at roughly the same %.

OP
D

Deleted member 51459

Like when comparing most pairs of nads, one is usually a little lower than the other, but close enough that the quality is pretty equal.

Anyway, in use you will not be able to tell the difference between 93 and 94db. So if purchase price is not an option go for the one that has the feature set and power that best suits your use case. They probably will depreciate at roughly the same %.
Someone claimed that master series will have better resale value and will hold value better not s ure if thats true?

fpitas

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
Someone claimed that master series will have better resale value and will hold value better not s ure if thats true?
Maybe, until Bruno comes out with his next class D iteration.

fpitas

Master Contributor
Forum Donor

Doodski

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
nad m33 is in 74th place sinad value 93db , also according to specs m33 is more powerfull
please advice i will buy it this week.
It (M33) comes with the VU meters and those are really nice. The entire display section of the M33 is much better and is the way things are going.
Z M33 VU.png

Chrispy

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
Why compare or choose between an integrated amp vs a power amp?

restorer-john

Grand Contributor
Being worried about resale value suggests to me that none of these amplifiers are remotely your 'end game' products.

Why not just buy/save up for the products you really want? Then you won't care one iota for resale value as you'll never be upgrading them.

Doodski

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
Being worried about resale value suggests to me that none of these amplifiers are remotely your 'end game' products.

Why not just buy/save up for the products you really want? Then you won't care one iota for resale value as you'll never be upgrading them.
He maybe has some sort of business venture in progress and wants to make purchases that are considered, "Write offs."

Chrispy

Master Contributor
Forum Donor

He's already overspending on the amps, tho, for his particular situation....the accounting thing is strange, and isn't a business thing from our chats....

OP
D

Deleted member 51459

It (M33) comes with the VU meters and those are really nice. The entire display section of the M33 is much better and is the way things are going.
View attachment 232391
The most important question is the resale value, which i care the most not how it looks like if its more expensive in the first place, less people will be able to afford it right, even after 2-3 years?

Why compare or choose between an integrated amp vs a power amp?

nad c399 is integrated amp, nad m33 is integrated amp as well...
the main difference is hypex vs purifi and power... and display.

In this world there is not an end game,
they will came up with something new, and better trust me i use to have computer in year 1990
since them they made a lot of cpus,a lot of gpus and alot of other improvements almost yearly base.
So i am using at least 10-20 years old computer and i dont care.

With the company write off as expense is different.
He maybe has some sort of business venture in progress and wants to make purchases that are considered, "Write offs."
No i dont have business related to music, i just want to be able to pay less taxes, since they tax me around 60% every month, that way i will pay for 1 month less taxes and the other 24 months..

He's already overspending on the amps, tho, for his particular situation....the accounting thing is strange, and isn't a business thing from our chats....

they leave me no choise,
with difficult availabily of nad c399 and m33 available right away..

if i go with nad c399 will i be able to sale it after 2 years for decent amount at least 50% of the original value or less?

pablolie

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
The M33 in your example seems more aggressively priced vs MRSP, so I'd pick that if resale "gains" matter. But as a rule, audio is a very bad "investment". :)

Last edited:

restorer-john

Grand Contributor
if i go with nad c399 will i be able to sale it after 2 years for decent amount at least 50% of the original value or less?

Nobody can answer that. The world could change and HiFi may be the last thing people want to spend their hard earned money on. Secondhand HiFi may skyrocket in value like used cars have. If you find an audiophile who wants your amplifer, he will pay more than a pawnbroker wanting to turn it over for profit.

OP
D

Deleted member 51459

The M33 in your example seems more aggressively priced vs MRSP, so I'd pick that if resale "gains" matter.

M33 price is with Big discount ,

for nad c399 no discounts available and its out of stock since its hot item brand new stuff.
Nobody can answer that. The world could change and HiFi may be the last thing people want to spend their hard earned money on. Secondhand HiFi may skyrocket in value like used cars have. If you find an audiophile who wants your amplifer, he will pay more than a pawnbroker wanting to turn it over for profit.

Imagine you are an audiophile
imagine both products lost 50% of their value this is imaginary situation,

in 2 years time i sale them both for example nad c399 i sale after 2 years for 1300$ - pretty cheap/decent price most people can afford?

i also sale nad m33 after 2 years but priced at
1896$

which one you will pick?

Chrispy

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
The most important question is the resale value, which i care the most not how it looks like if its more expensive in the first place, less people will be able to afford it right, even after 2-3 years?

nad c399 is integrated amp, nad m33 is integrated amp as well...
the main difference is hypex vs purifi and power... and display.

In this world there is not an end game,
they will came up with something new, and better trust me i use to have computer in year 1990
since them they made a lot of cpus,a lot of gpus and alot of other improvements almost yearly base.
So i am using at least 10-20 years old computer and i dont care.

With the company write off as expense is different.

No i dont have business related to music, i just want to be able to pay less taxes, since they tax me around 60% every month, that way i will pay for 1 month less taxes and the other 24 months..

they leave me no choise,
with difficult availabily of nad c399 and m33 available right away..

Yep, got mixed up when searching, think it showed me an M23 and the similarity in model number is kinda weird...

OP
D

Deleted member 51459

The one with the most features and the best display.
nad c399 have old school display 80s baby

but how many people will care about the display ?
even if they buy used ?
Yep, got mixed up when searching, think it showed me an M23 and the similarity in model number is kinda weird...

and here is it other one

m33 is old product at least 2-3 years old and dealership stealership try to milk from me more money.... thats why they doesnt have a clue about c399 availability, they try to move their old junky stock at expensive price, probably sound difference is 00
not human audible.

Top Bottom