• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Which ADC for Phono Signal into S/P-DIF or Toslink?

dualazmak

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Hello OP @wgh52 and ASRF friends,

My recent revival/integration of DENON DP57L TT + DENON DL-301MarkII MCC in my DSP-based multichannel multi-driver multi-amplifier stereo audio system/project is using USB-ASIO routing into JRiver within my Windows 11 64-bit Pro PC via AUDIO-TECHNICA AT-PEQ30 phono-preamplifier and TASCAM US-1x2HR audio-interface/ADC; sorry but not through S/P-DIF or Toslink, so I am afraid that my TT-phono into PC configuration would be out of the scope of your this new thread.

For all of your possible reference and interests, therefore, here just let me share only some links to my specific posts on my project thread as follows;

- Revival of analog LP player (MC cartridge) in my DSP multichannel multi-driver multi-amplifier fully active stereo system for real time on-the-fly vinyl LP listening (and digital recording, if needed): #688

- Inside of Audio-Technica AT-PEQ30 phono preamplifier, and successful DIY suppression of inaudible EMF (electro-magnetic field) interference noise: #697

- Another comparative listening, on-the-fly vinyl LP vs. Remastered CD: analog piano solo recorded in 1967: #722

- Another comparative listening; on-the-fly remastered vinyl LP vs. remastered CD: Bill Evans jazz piano trio, analog recorded in 1977; remastered (2021) vinyl LP (45-RPM 188-gram) vs. its CD release: #740

OP
W

wgh52

OK! Just for completeness let me share my latest>probably>hopefully final plan:

anlagenschaltung mit open DRC + nanoDIGI + ADC extern.png

This plan is more expensive than the Flex Eight, but I get >6100 FIR Taps per channel which I hope to use with AcourateDRC, seem to have found a (used) nanoDIGI here in Europe, I can choose the DACs and put them into the speakers (less cabling).

Thanks again for all the helpful suggestions!
Winfried

JP

Major Contributor
I want that nanoDIGI. Would be nice to have a spare for my DAC8 DSP.

Top Bottom