• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

where to go after tin t2 pro?

Hello everyone. I am pretty new to the "nice audio" world and dont really have a lot of comparisons to measure stuff to. I have the tin t2 pro for my IEMs and theyre definitely bright, but I dont entirely hate it. What would be another sub $100 choice to go in a slightly different direction? Mostly just listening on my phone (lg g8 with the nice DAC) but I also have an atom/modi. And same question as above, but apply that to my hd600s. Where is an interesting place to go from there? I was considering trying dekoni blues.

Tks

Major Contributor
Maybe the Kanas Moondrop Pro? It will be a pretty drastic change going from the T2 Pro’s treble rape, to the Harman Targetting Moondrop.

But if you don’t mind the aesthetics and maybe fit, one thing I myself am also keen on trying are the Etymotic ER4 or even ER3 line. Many people swear by them, and the company that makes them has the R&D historical pedigree.

Anything higher than these, I would venture to say Custom IEMs are in order, otherwise everything until you start getting into the Campfire Andromeda $1,000 range and up, seemingly blends together.

Erik

Anything higher than these, I would venture to say Custom IEMs are in order, otherwise everything until you start getting into the Campfire Andromeda $1,000 range and up, seemingly blends together.
I can't understand why you mentioned Andromeda here, since they are very mediocre sounding earphones. Campfire Audio is like a Schiit of IEMs.

Tks

Major Contributor
They sounded okay to me, I'd pay perhaps $300 (on technical ability, but more for the whole made in US ordeal with warranty etc) for them max, but they're not bad in the same way the latest Schiit Stack 3 ain't too bad.

OP
G
Thoughts on the fiio f9 and also final audio e4000? Had never looked at these before since my price was lower. Worth it? A little less treble than tins?

vert

Forum Donor
Fiio F9 sounded OK but the connectors eventually failed and I returned them under warranty. I remember an early reviewer warning that such connectors might be fragile and he was right.

Top Bottom