• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Where to Buy (Europe) - DIY/Audio Cables, Connectors, Sleeves...

hamanas

Hello, I wanna play around & build some audio cables (DIY), soldering, etc :D

Where in the EU can I buy online some Canare, Mogami, Belden cables per meter, Neutrik connectors, audio cables Sleeves, shrink tubes, etc?
(Germany, Netherland, Belgium, France, UK...)

It will be nice to get it all in one shop ;)

Tnx.

FrantzM

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Amazon ?
They will likely have whatever you need ...

Quomz

Some of the options in eu I found when searching for parts:
  • Audiophonics.fr - e.g. Mogami cable by the meter, connectors.
  • Thomann - some other cable brands, connectors (e.g. good prices for Rean Neutrik)
  • Audioverse.de - some DIY parts: cable, headphone connectors, sleeving
  • Paracord.eu - ALL the sleeving

OP
H

hamanas

For a cable with a diameter of 6mm it's better to take a smaller sleeve like 4mm or better 6mm?

Katji

Major Contributor
That's a difficult one, I had the same problem, I suppose 4mm, otherwise it's loose.

simplex

I have already bought from https://audioverse.de and was planning my next purchase right now :)
Just checked audioverse, appears to be a very limited assortment.
I bought at voelkner.de and reichelt.de in the past, both would be my personal recommendations to start with. For specialities like PTFE insulated cables, mouser.de should also be considered.

L5730

Addicted to Fun and Learning
If you have an Amazon outlet, sometimes they can be a good source. Not necessarily sold and fulfilled by amazon, so kinda acting like an "amazobay" if that was a thing. Due diligence is essential in not getting duff goods.

Of course, ebay is the same, but at least it's not saying that it is it's own market place at the same time as letting other folks sell though it. You gotta do your homework here too, but some good deals can be had.

I've bought Neutrik connectors from sellers on both of these two platforms before, all seem completely legit. I've no reason to suspect that the items were counterfeit. But I did check through feedback etc. Bought Monster speaker cable from the US as an import on ebay. Seller was a genuine shop, all was well. Whether or not the Monster cable was actually required and that something a bit cheaper could have done exactly the same job is a topic of hot debate - time for popcorn!

I do just generally search the internet for what I want, and don't usually use google's "shopping" button as it tends to filter for their preferred sellers rather than anyone. You might be onto the 5th or 6th normal search page before you find a legit company selling what you want for a good price.

As with DIY stuff, sometimes there is the argument of it being worth a little price premium to get it all together, neatly and quickly shipped, less hassle and some possible help from the company. I'm sure I've bought from a company at a little higher price before, simply because they had a whole load of diagrams and helpful information on their site. Someone had to make all that info. available.

CPC Farnell are quite a handy place for all kinds of connectors and stuff. I've bought a few things from them. Once I had a mess of an order that took me a while to work out, however customer service understood and solved it quickly. Things do go wrong from time to time, it's how quickly they get sorted is what matters.

Top Bottom