• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Where Does The Tone Come From In An Electric Guitar?

computer-audiophile

Major Contributor
I have kept 3 guitars (I used to have more), all of which represent a particular sound based on their build. A Fender Telecaster, a Fender Stratocaster custom, and a Jim Triggs Signature Jazz Guitar.

gitarrenparade.jpg

theREALdotnet

Major Contributor
Don’t tell me the guy is only 24…

Spocko

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
I love the point of this video, which is why I prioritize comfort: weight (the lightest version I can find), neck feel, size, design and pickup type. So I have a semi-hollow Taylor T5z (5.0 lbs) and 59' Les Paul that's chambered (just under 7lbs). If I don't enjoy holding it, I won't play it no matter how good the tone.

Spocko

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Great guitar. Obviously very versatile sound with the various pickups and settings. If I were still active...
You still can be! I find myself practicing with that the most because I'm often too lazy to plug it in and just want to do some quick picking but can't stand the bulk of my acoustic

Top Bottom