• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Where are the speaker reviews?

Vintage57

Forum Donor
I was a part of the membership that donated funds towards the Klippel measuring device.
I was expecting as I’m certain as others were, of a somewhat steady stream of speaker tests.
I’m wondering what happened.
Is Amir not getting enough product to test?
Is the testing process too time consuming?
How can we help?

Helicopter

Major Contributor
Part of the challenge is many speakers are big for shipping and hauling up and down stairs and Amir has not beem having people over. Time will help with that. Also, he is writing tons of reviews, including lots of speaker reviews.

If you want something reviewed, there is a thread for that. If you want more of a type of thing, like speakers, reviewed, there is a thread for that, if you want a budget speaker reviewed, there is a thread for that.

OP
Vintage57

Vintage57

Forum Donor
I must be glossing over due to the lack of interest in what is being reviewed.
My mistake I thought we were going to verify a variety from the Stereophile type of recommended speakers. From $200 a pair to $20,000 and verify or challenge the law of diminishing returns.

My bad.

richard12511

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
I must be glossing over due to the lack of interest in what is being reviewed.
My mistake I thought we were going to verify a variety from the Stereophile type of recommended speakers. From $200 a pair to $20,000 and verify or challenge the law of diminishing returns.

My bad.
He’s been doing several reviews per week. How many do you expect him to do?

Sancus

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
The average stereophile issue has what, 5 or 6 equipment reviews spread across 2-3 contributors? Amir does more than that per month just for speakers alone, including electronics it's more like 4x as much. I contributed to the Klippel as well and I have to say I am actually very impressed with the quantity of reviews we have gotten. Who knew we'd break more than 100 reviews in the first year alone? That is a massive quantity.

hardisj

Major Contributor
Reviewer
giphy-downsized-large.gif

As someone who tests speakers as well, the rate Amir puts out his data is lightning fast.

I can tell you right now, unless you purchase the NFS, you will not be able to product more than a couple tests per week with both the resolution and accuracy the NFS provides. And that's if you make it a full-time job. I'm being literal. I know. Because that is what I have been doing the past 4 months. Not to sound like braggart, but no one else comes close to what I am providing without the NFS or anechoic chamber and it kicks my ass to be able to test at the rate I do... And I've only been able to test an average of one speaker per week. And it's about to take a hit when winter rolls around. So, comparatively, Amir's rate and data accuracy is way beyond what any other hobbyist or outlet is able to provide.

If you want more than that, truly, the only solution is to pay for testing from Warkwyn yourself ($1k/each) or purchase your own test gear.

Last edited:

phoenixdogfan

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
giphy-downsized-large.gif

As someone who tests speakers as well, the rate Amir puts out his data is lightning fast.

I can tell you right now, unless you purchase the NFS, you will not be able to product more than a couple tests per week with both the resolution and accuracy the NFS provides. And that's if you make it a full-time job. I'm being literal. I know. Because that is what I have been doing the past 4 months. No one else comes close to what I am providing without the NFS or anechoic chamber and it kicks my ass to be able to test at the rate I do... And I've only been able to test an average of one speaker per week. And it's about to take a hit when winter rolls around. So, comparatively, Amir's rate and data accuracy is way beyond what any other hobbyist or outlet is able to provide.

If you want more than that, truly, the only solution is to pay for testing from Warkwyn yourself ($1k/each) or purchase your own test gear.
So the D & D 8C test results will be out any day now? ;)

OP
Vintage57

Vintage57

Forum Donor
Of those 100 speakers how many are less than $1,000. a pair.
It’s like subscribing to Road and Track to read econoboxes test reports.
I’m just saying ‍♂️

Universal Cereal Bus

I’m just saying ‍♂️
I feel that, in spirit, ASR is more akin to Consumer Reports (useful objective test data, no flowery language) than R&T (rather useless objective test data, glossy sunset photos and flowery language). Consumer Reports tests and reports on a shitload of econoboxes.

[I'm not hating on R&T--I'd honestly rather read it over CR. But it's entertainment.]

richard12511

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
I’m just saying ‍♂️

What speakers would you most like to see tested that haven't been? You've got a few Neumann speakers that I'm sure many would love to see on the Klippel. Personally, I'd love to the see ATCs tested. Would you be willing to submit any of those?

CDMC

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
I’m just saying ‍♂️

You are welcome to send in more expensive speakers. The reviews are limited to what members provide, Amir buys, manufacture loans, and Amir’s back.

OP
Vintage57

Vintage57

Forum Donor
I feel that, in spirit, ASR is more akin to Consumer Reports (useful objective test data, no flowery language) than R&T (rather useless objective test data, glossy sunset photos and flowery language). Consumer Reports tests and reports on a shitload of econoboxes.

[I'm not hating on R&T--I'd honestly rather read it over CR. But it's entertainment.]

I would guess you are not as interested in cars as in audio. Just guessing

OP
Vintage57

Vintage57

Forum Donor
You are welcome to send in more expensive speakers. The reviews are limited to what members provide, Amir buys, manufacture loans, and Amir’s back.
What speakers would you most like to see tested that haven't been? You've got a few Neumann speakers that I'm sure many would love to see on the Klippel. Personally, I'd love to the see ATCs tested. Would you be willing to submit any of those?

Absolutely if I lived closer and in the same country.
In fact I would send a KH120 if Amir would be amicable to clearing customs and shipping them back.

hardisj

Major Contributor
Reviewer
I’m just saying ‍♂️

I don’t know the stats, but I think your point would have been better received if you had made this the focus of the OP instead of the OP being so open-ended. Just a request for some more costly speakers to see how they fare.

OP
Vintage57

Vintage57

Forum Donor
I don’t know the stats, but I think your point would have been better received if you had made this the focus of the OP instead of the OP being so open-ended. Just a request for some more costly speakers to see how they fare.

Good point

Top Bottom