• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

When you really love Sony and Cerwin Vega

FrantzM

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
All jokes aside, this seems to be an impressive speaker.IME, FR and directivity look good. Distortion at 95 dB is low. unusually so. These things can play loud and with no distortion , Good FR and directivity? I'd love to see this reviewed here; countless, previously unknown gems that came to be ... well. gems .. after an ASR review.
I don't think these are current, they have been replaced by the XLS-215, if these measure similarly , that's a good speaker for less than $2,000.oo a pair ...
YMMV.

Peace.

Last edited:

tomtoo

Major Contributor
All jokes aside, this seems to be an impressive speaker.IME, FR and directivity look good. Distortion at 95 dB is quite unusual. THese things canplay loud and with no distortion , Good FR and directivity? I'd love to see this r eviewed here; countless, previously unknown gems that came to be ... well. gems .. after an ASR review.
I don't think these are current, they have been replaced by the XLS-215, if these measure similarly , that's a good speaker for less than $2,000.oo a pair ...
YMMV.

Peace.

Iam sure that some owners could have a lot of fun with them.

OP
DanielT

DanielT

Major Contributor
All jokes aside, this seems to be an impressive speaker.IME, FR and directivity look good. Distortion at 95 dB is low. unusually so. These things can play loud and with no distortion , Good FR and directivity? I'd love to see this reviewed here; countless, previously unknown gems that came to be ... well. gems .. after an ASR review.
YMMV.

Peace.
Absolutely, if I were in need of new speakers I could consider them as a candidate. The Cerwin Vega CLS-215 seems good. Even though that model has been discontinued, CVs are popular, so sooner or later you will find that model on the used market.:)

Top Bottom