• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

When will you be happy?

Digby

Major Contributor
Hi-Fi wise or other wise, do you pursue certain object(ive)s and envision at x point you'll "arrive", is it all just a state of mind or....? (fill in the blanks).

Last edited:

Rednaxela

Major Contributor
At the moment I am enjoying a pair of AVI ADM9.1 speakers, digitally corrected using a Behringer DEQ2496. A Bravia smart TV is my only source, which I use for watching TV and streaming video and music (Spotify).

What I pursue longer-term is something with

-a more text book FR and directivity
-equal or better DSP
-equal or better connectivity
-equal or better usability
-equal or better looks
-equal or lower box count

Struggling to pull the trigger on miniDSP, although it would tick a lot of boxes. Dreaming of RME at times, but slightly worried about its PEQ band limitations compared to what I have now. Genelec 83xx could also get me very far so secretly looking into that option too. Anything that costs as much as say a new kitchen is outside of my hobby.

TimF

Forum Donor
you know how it goes. the current golden era of great and affordable audio products arrives just as my hearing goes to hell. But I did make it through pretty much all the canon of western classical music up to the turn of the twenty-first century. Happy....., poop on happy.

Chr1

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Forum Donor
Now.

Just bought a pair of Neumann KH310s and a second BK XXLS400 sub, after finally receiving my compensation for a badly broken leg. (Motorcycle vs red-light running SUV, 2019) Made a pair of DIY grills for them, got MathAudio RoomEQ dialled in and currently in audio nirvana!
Still got the big amps and Tannoy V12s for party SPLs but figured I'd best enjoy the quality/detail before I lose my hearing.
Yowsa.
IMG_20230209_174452.jpg

Triliza

Forum Donor
I'd like a more spacious and treated dedicated place for audio (and home cinema) from what I currently have. I'm not caring that much for dacs/amps and other electronics, so about speakers, I think I'd like to give a go at big floorstanders (like the Salon) to see what kind of soundstage feeling they give, and of course the same for the top line Genelecs/Neumann.

I'm quite happy with what I have now btw, Elac DBR62 and a budgety Benq projector, but I understand that there are richer experiences to be had in term of fidelity.

Aerith Gainsborough

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Hi-Fi wise or other wise, do you pursue certain object(ive)s and envision at x point you'll "arrive", is it all just a state of mind or....? (fill in the blanks).
Perpetual happiness is a myth, peddled by the media and sales world, that does not exist in real life.
"Happiness" due to a new acquisition is a fleeting honeymoon, that will pass once your brain gets accustomed to the new input and starts detecting the flaws.

We live in an imperfect world as imperfect beings. Whatever we do, whatever we own, we will always have to compromise on some level.

You can choose to be content with what you have and give the relentless and endless pursuit of "perfection" the middle finger at any point.
Given our current technology: getting "close enough" to perfection doesn't take much in the audio world unless you are trying to re-create something that is physically impossible like the sound of a concert hall or live venue in a small apartment living room.

Top Bottom