• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

What's your dream system?

Vintage57

Forum Donor
Neumann KH420’s with KH805 matching subs. Just arrived.
Bryston BP-26 cause i’m Canadian
Bryston BPD-3 “ “
Bryston BDA-3 “ “
Marantz 6004, which I would use a very little
VPI Classic 3, cause it looks good and use even less
MiniDSP. DD24, cause I don’t have a perfect room.

Oh, I already have this, if I could find that perfect room the Shangri La.

Sal1950

Grand Contributor
The Chicago Crusher
Forum Donor
7 JBL M2s for the 7 base channels and maybe some JBL 70X series speakers for the height and ceiling immersive channels. Enough for a proper layout design of both ATMOS/DTS-X and Auro arrangements
A Trinnov pre/pro and who know what amplifiers and DSP system.
A big room.
Definitely not wife acceptance material. LOL

digicidal

Major Contributor
YG Acoustics Sonja 2.2's (without the ridiculous Nordost upgrade of course).
Dual Bryston 28B³ Monos
An extremely comfy chair and a large area rug.

Still would run a little over $100K... but the sources, etc. could just be the cheap stuff (relatively speaking at least). Probably just get a Okto DAC or the Matrix Sabre-X Pro... because my whole rig would be machined aluminum then. Which is super important. :cool:

OP
Ron Texas

Ron Texas

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
7 JBL M2s for the 7 base channels and maybe some JBL 70X series speakers for the height and ceiling immersive channels. Enough for a proper layout design of both ATMOS/DTS-X and Auro arrangements
A Trinnov pre/pro and who know what amplifiers and DSP system.
A big room.
Definitely not wife acceptance material. LOL

A big room, yeah. A really big room.

majingotan

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
I'm happy with a very streamlined Linn Klimax System consisting of Linn Klimax System Hub, Klimax DSM DAC/pre (AK4497 DAC chip BTW) and active Klimax 350 speakers. Pretty sure this system will sound like audio nirvana to my ears while looking minimalistic

Sal1950

Grand Contributor
The Chicago Crusher
Forum Donor
You said dream, I dream big.
But it is real, I could think up any number of stereo only rigs that would cost more than this. ;)

OP
Ron Texas

Ron Texas

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
You said dream, I dream big.
But it is real, I could think up any number of stereo only rigs that would cost more than this. ;)

It's relatively easy to find insanely expensive gear. However, this site is about performance. Sometimes I dream Ferrari's but I could drive a Stingray...

MattHooper

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
I'm not going to set a price limit, but keep it real, please.

I find that an odd request.

Ask us about a dream system. But "keep it real?" That seems to be a contradiction. Keeping it real is owning the system I already have and can afford. Dreaming is about the things you can't afford IMO. "Keep it real" to whose criteria and what degree? I don't even know how to answer such a question.

So I'll just answer how I want :)

I'm not sure of my dream system, but two that pop immediately to mind if I had the cash and space:

Joseph Audio Pearl speakers

MBL 101E speakers

(And possibly the Devore O Reference speakers - haven't heard them, but love the looks and given how much I like the O/96s, if they are a turbo-charged version of those, I'd be happy).

Amplifiers: Conrad Johnson Art. Maybe VAC statement. I like tube amps.

Probably some spanking cool Turntable, maybe something from Artisan Fidelity because they are so purdy:

https://www.artisanfidelity.com/new-products/garrard-301-statement

Don't care about cables.

Don't care about DACs (any old DAC will do).

OP
Ron Texas

Ron Texas

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
I find that an odd request.

Ask us about a dream system. But "keep it real?" That seems to be a contradiction. Keeping it real is owning the system I already have and can afford. Dreaming is about the things you can't afford IMO. "Keep it real" to whose criteria and what degree? I don't even know how to answer such a question.

So sorry to step on your pretty little toes.

MattHooper

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
So sorry to step on your pretty little toes.

My goodness. Just noting the request seemed ambiguous for the reasons stated, as others have pointed out.
Sorry about the toes...

soundwave76

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Forum Donor
I have two:

1. Based on my current preferences, a home theater type of a room, with the biggest Genelec's, wall mounted for stereo music listening. Some smaller Genelec's then for occasional movie watching with surround sound. PC with Roon endpoint and simple USB->AES converter, nothing more.

2. Based on nostalgia and dreams when I was younger, tall and beautiful electrostats like Martin Logan + McInthosh amps glowing in the dark... :)

JJB70

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
I usually get sick in anechoic rooms, so that would not be for me. :)

Anechoic rooms are horrible, I used to spend time in them because I was involved in verifying certain performance parameters of military hardware intended for submarines and ASW frigates and always felt a vertigo effect.

RayDunzl

Grand Contributor
Central Scrutinizer
Anechoic rooms are horrible, I used to spend time in them because I was involved in verifying certain performance parameters of military hardware intended for submarines and ASW frigates and always felt a vertigo effect.

I'll bet you didn't have your easy chair and a beer and your dream system in there with you...

Top Bottom