• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

What's your dream system?

Eidie

I'm going to go against the flow here with something unique for you guys, and I'd seriously have one made for myself if I had the money and space!

Behold the Synchron Art Installation powered by ELAC (yes, the ELAC we all know and mostly love!):

View attachment 137193

View attachment 137194

I actually had the absolute pleasure of visiting this art installation in person almost two decades ago and it was absolutely awesome.

You can find more information here: https://www.world-architects.com/pt/lin-architects-urbanists-berlin/project/synchron

It's basically a huge 3D sculpture which you can walk into where each panel has an "exciter" (manufactured by ELAC themselves) attached to it which causes the entire panel to radiate sound, and to add to the sheer awesomeness of the whole display these panels are translucent and lasers are installed outside of the structure which projects the light inside.

What you end up with is a stunningly surreal three dimensional sound coupled with an amazing lightshow which would mimic a lightning storm with hair-raising detail and realism. Sure, for actual music this may have limited uses, but this was one experience I'll never forget.

I'd totally have this as my bedroom. Just a huge bed in the middle of the installation to lie in and detach from reality.

I've actually been a huge ELAC fangirl even before my experience with the Synchron, and I continue to admire the brand even to this day.
Along similar lines...

https://www.mutualart.com/Article/An-Invitation-to-Darkness--MONA-s-New-Ta/54AF65A36EC60AA6

I’ve not seen/heard this installation. I did it’s progenitor. Gosh!

Top Bottom