• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

What's wrong with my head?

OP
RayDunzl

RayDunzl

Grand Contributor
Central Scrutinizer
How is audio there?

It's pretty lame.

4 speakers near your feet in the four doors. Maybe two tweeters on the dash but I'm too HF deaf to be sure. I'll have to measure to see. Could just be cutouts for the optional system. Has a round place under the rear shelf, I assume for mounting a sub.

AM/FM no HDRadio (disappointed with that a little) but connectivity to your phone/tablet and USB and can become a WIFI Hotspot via Verizon network.

I don't try to listen to music in the car anyway.

There's a JBL setup as an option in the higher trims.

It pulls Navigation off the phone/tablet and displays on the dash. Works well enough. Re-routes quickly if you ignore it's route decision. Needs USB for that, and forgets the USB is connected on restart, have to unplug/replug the USB to get it to re-sync too often.

And theres a little rattle someplace inside the dash that resonates with the engine vibe when stopped and in gear.

The engine is a little noisy when pressed. The interior is quiet at 60, a little wind-noisy at 80.

Do u have satellite radio?

I don't think so, it may have been discontinued.

Not listed in the specs:

"Entune™ 3.088 Audio with App Suite — includes six speakers, 7-in. touch-screen, AM/FM, Scout® GPS Link compatible with up to 3-year trial, Siri® Eyes Free, Apple CarPlay® compatible, auxiliary port, USB media port,72 hands-free phone capability, advanced voice recognition and music streaming via Bluetooth® wireless technology. Toyota Connected Services — Safety Connect®, Wi-Fi Connect® Powered by Verizon with up to 2GB within 6-month trial. See toyota.com/entune for details."

The upgrade system has it.

Oh, six speakers, must be tweeters on the dash.

Last edited:
Top Bottom