• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Whats the top 3 budget 300$ Powered Speakers?

svinyard

EDIT: Scratch all that below. Aiyima A07 + Belkin SoundForm Connect for Apple Airplay music over wifi. I'll figure out the passive speaker situation.

Bluetooth sucks and Airplay is great with apple music with its high bandwidth and wifi range etc. I can control audio volume from phone and I'll just manually adjust turntable volume...its a turntable and I'm already over there anyways.

I'm building out a small/clean (no big receiver allowed - wife) budget audio setup to play a nice Fluance RT82 turntable on and bluetooth/casted audio...for a mid-sized room. General listening, dinner parties, nothing blaring aside from maybe some AC/DC once in a while from the kids. I've gotten all kinds of recommendations on reddit that seem decent, but obviously ASR and anything Amir is doing at least has some practical testing behind it. What's the short list of powered speakers that are good/great for 300/350$? Need a remote.

I'm investigating passive speakers (and buying some) but getting a nice 30/35W small classD amp is spendy since we need a remote (hell maybe I bail on the remote??) and likely bluetooth (would prefer air play tho). Regardless, getting something like Loxjie A30 185$ + Jamo S 803s 140$ or JBL A130's....its maxing the budget quickly because of the amp. I start to wonder if its worth it for us who aren't planning on upgrading a fancy system periodically.

Last edited:

Frgirard

Major Contributor
Hello,
Google and come back with the three models.

OP
S

svinyard

Hello,
Google and come back with the three models.
I've done an endless amount of that. Google sucks for that btw. You get endless amazon shill lists.

This is what I was hunting for, but thanks.

Frgirard

Major Contributor
You have the review. You have the elements. You need to listen them before buy.
The reviews said nothing on the reliability of this speakers.

OP
S

svinyard

You have the review. You have the elements. You need to listen them before buy.
The reviews said nothing on the reliability of this speakers.
Yeah I'm good, the ASR lists gave me a nice dance card to choose from. I'm just buying several sets and then returning what I don't need. Thanks?

Top Bottom