• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Whats the likelihood this is still good?

muslhead

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
I received a pair of tweeters today as replacement from Revel for my Concerta2 m16 that blew.
As you can see, one of the tweeters came damaged. There is a plastic cap (sitting on the plasic bag the tweeter was in) that goes over the top of the tweeter to protect it. They did not secure it in place prior to shipping (i would have expected them to at least tape it) and during shipment one of the caps came off and its edge dug into the tweeter leaving a nice dent.
I have gone back to the dealer and ask that he request they send a new one.
I did not install to check (and prefer not to until I hear back from Revel) but wondering the likelihood this one is still usable? Wondering only in case Revel pushes back

The good news is the non-dented tweeter worked perfectly so my concern about the xover did not come to pass and once i get another new tweeter, i will be back in business

Attachments

• IMG_20220604_125419.jpg
    IMG_20220604_125419.jpg
    107.6 KB · Views: 96

Doodski

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
I received a pair of tweeters today as replacement from Revel for my Concerta2 m16 that blew.
As you can see, one of the tweeters came damaged. There is a plastic cap (sitting on the plasic bag the tweeter was in) that goes over the top of the tweeter to protect it. They did not secure it in place prior to shipping (i would have expected them to at least tape it) and during shipment one of the caps came off and its edge dug into the tweeter leaving a nice dent.
I have gone back to the dealer and ask that he request they send a new one.
I did not install to check (and prefer not to until I hear back from Revel) but wondering the likelihood this one is still usable? Wondering only in case Revel pushes back

The good news is the non-dented tweeter worked perfectly so my concern about the xover did not come to pass and once i get another new tweeter, i will be back in business
I've seen some very bashed in tweeters and they to the ear sounded pretty good. I would not use one though in your case. Revel has a reputation and integrity so I expect they would send you another. Are they pair matched?

OP
M

muslhead

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
I've seen some very bashed in tweeters and they to the ear sounded pretty good. I would not use one though in your case. Revel has a reputation and integrity so I expect they would send you another. Are they pair matched?
Dont know about the pair matching. Wouldnt even have thought about it until you brought it up. Thanks doodski LOL

OP
M

muslhead

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Update -
The damange tweeter was bad but Revel stepped up and shipped me a second replacement tweeter overnight. The dealer (audiolab) went above and beyond in helping facilitate getting the replacement parts because Revel did not want me to do the work, they preferred i send both speakers in to an authorized repair shop.
As doodski said, they do have a reputation and integrity and stand behind their products ... which is saying a lot in todays world.

Top Bottom